Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Little rust never hurt anybody. Nothing a little spray foam and duct tape can't fix! Besides, you'll appreciate the fresh air and water while driving on the highway! ;)

These are (as you know) Uni-body cars. I have seen more than a few have to visit the frame rack from the torque a big block puts on them especially when you get the car HOOKED UP.
    We were "Making" frame ties a long time ago. 2"X4" wall and some 1/4" plate. A welder and some patience.
    We slotted the floor pans and put the rail in the floor not under it like the Lack wood offerings of the day. Really stiffened it up.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    These are (as you know) Uni-body cars. I have seen more than a few have to visit the frame rack from the torque a big block puts on them especially when you get the car HOOKED UP.
    We were "Making" frame ties a long time ago. 2"X4" wall and some 1/4" plate. A welder and some patience.
    We slotted the floor pans and put the rail in the floor not under it like the Lack wood offerings of the day. Really stiffened it up.
    One of the many reasons I really don't care for the F body... Gimmie an A or B body anyday.

Hell even my dads on old 5.0 fox body convert closed up the gap at the top of the doors when the go-go pedal was pushed.... And that was stock...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of the many reasons I really don't care for the F body... Gimmie an A or B body anyday.

Hell even my dads on old 5.0 fox body convert closed up the gap at the top of the doors when the go-go pedal was pushed.... And that was stock...

I put my son in an 86 Z-28 when his Monti got totaled. He drove it his senior year. We pulled the engine out of the Monti and put it into the Z. Rear end components as well. Auburn posi/3.73 gear. 355 SB chev. with Vortec heads/comp cam/RPM performer manifold and a modified 750 Vac secondary Holley. MSD sparky system and hooker headers.
    That car had the long torque arm from the rear end to the transmission. A good set of sticky street tires and he tore up the tissue paper rear suspension components. It would pop that rear deck glass open at the drag strip......:):
    Made up some frame connectors for it and Hotchkis control arms solved the problem.

His senior pic...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    CM, that reminds me of a 60s Poncho that frequented my local strip in GA when I ran brackets. Every pass, his chassis twisted so much it would dent in the left rear quarter panel. He'd pop it out between passes, and it would pop back in every launch!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hey that is better than the Barn I painted my Camaro in the 1st time.
    You should have seen the water control on the air line.....:laugh6:

It worked......I guess.
    :): This will be the trial run. We already know lighting is lacking. We actually replaced all the bulbs in the shop tonight, only to discover most of the ballasts are crap. They worked for a little bit and really lit the place up, then one by one they started shutting off... Oh well, we will have plug ins for tomorrow....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :): This will be the trial run. We already know lighting is lacking. We actually replaced all the bulbs in the shop tonight, only to discover most of the ballasts are crap. They worked for a little bit and really lit the place up, then one by one they started shutting off... Oh well, we will have plug ins for tomorrow....

Growing pains.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very pleased with the way everything turned out today. We had one little issue with the base that we caught before it became a huge issue. Clear laid out perfect. Other than the dirt, which there is more than I'd like, it turned out better than the roadrunner outta the booth....

We know what we need to do to make the space work better for us the next time. Lighting is the main thing, the fixtures on the ceiling need to be replaced. We weren't able to use all the plug in lights we had because the they kept tripping the breakers. Still work to do......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom