bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I like it.....:):
    I'm diggin' that too.

Gas tank for the vette is almost done with a ghetto refinish. Who's gonna see a gas tank anyway? lol. Wife approve a parts order... New sending unit for the tank and some new mounting gear along with a bunch of front suspension stuff I need. Happy day...
    One of the rear trailing arms is looking jacked up bearing wise. Not looking forward to that $, but maybe it just needs some grease.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm diggin' that too.

Gas tank for the vette is almost done with a ghetto refinish. Who's gonna see a gas tank anyway? lol. Wife approve a parts order... New sending unit for the tank and some new mounting gear along with a bunch of front suspension stuff I need. Happy day...
    One of the rear trailing arms is looking jacked up bearing wise. Not looking forward to that $, but maybe it just needs some grease.

Never ends man.....never ends.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The never ending part is gonna be listening to her all winter about her bmw sitting outside while I have the garage occupied... god help me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The never ending part is gonna be listening to her all winter about her bmw sitting outside while I have the garage occupied... god help me.

My dear spouse has never been able to put her vehicle in the garage. Not ever. In this I have it ready for her every day the weather sucks. Snow cleared and warm. That is the price.
    We do have a carport at this house (garage/shop is next door) and her old van would fit in there nicely but the new magic bus is a full on conversion with the high top and it will not so back out in the weather.

Remote start is a wonderful thing.

My 64 S/S drop top Impala does fit in there.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....I now have nearly all the parts to upgrade the drive train in the 64.
    The headers came this week.
    In my decision to possibly add a 200HP Nitorus plate system I will need to up grade the pistons.
    They are the only weak link if the laughing gas is to be used.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OK....I now have nearly all the parts to upgrade the drive train in the 64.
    The headers came this week.
    In my decision to possibly add a 200HP Nitorus plate system I will need to up grade the pistons.
    They are the only weak link if the laughing gas is to be used.
    You just went from cool cruiser to holy **** in a matter of minutes. The need for speed was getting at ya.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You just went from cool cruiser to holy **** in a matter of minutes. The need for speed was getting at ya.

The stroker will lay down an honest 400/425 HP in proper tune and be fairly easy to drive.
    Add the little switch with the WOT micro switch on the throttle and the joy's of motoring will be amplified X's 200HP.

This is the reason it will be tubed. Narrowed 12 bolt with a proper gear ratio.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The stroker will lay down an honest 400/425 HP in proper tune and be fairly easy to drive.
    Add the little switch with the WOT micro switch on the throttle and the joy's of motoring will be amplified X's 200HP.

This is the reason it will be tubed. Narrowed 12 bolt with a proper gear ratio.
    Is there anything out there for stiffening that X frame?

The gentlemen that are going to do the fabricating are aware of all the short comings in a drop top Xframe. This will all be addresesd when the car is back halfed.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom