Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd guess 12. Our '78 with 350 gets 9.... Little engine gotta work harder..... I've heard better out of the 454 trucks.

My 04 3500 conversion van has the 6 liter. Vacation to St. Pete area and averaged 12.5 for the whole trip.
    There were some very high speed sections as it rolls 85+ with zero efforts so It might have done better had I set the cruise and stayed in line.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My 04 3500 conversion van has the 6 liter. Vacation to St. Pete area and averaged 12.5 for the whole trip.
    There were some very high speed sections as it rolls 85+ with zero efforts so It might have done better had I set the cruise and stayed in line.
    That ain't bad for the bigger engine in a full size mouse mobile.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Unless you go diesel, it's hard to get decent milage out of a truck. Even with today's tech. Our '78 Chevy gets 9mpg empty or towing a trailer at 70, it's 9 no matter what. When I've used a friends diesel, they get better mileage empty, but while towing only gets a couple more than our old Chevy. So the only thing being gained is torque. I think I'll stick with my old gasser Chevys, they are cheap to buy and run and crate engines are cheap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Say it isn't so Joe, say it isn't so. I would never have guessed you owned a conversion van.

I sold the last one to my SIL. I had found a 97 Yuckon 2 door with a 2" lift, exhaust, ECU mods, Red with the Z-71 package and black wheels. 70K on it. 1 owner and he was a friend. I wanted it really bad but........wait for it...........wait................The spouse wanted another Van.

I rest my case.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I sold the last one to my SIL. I had found a 97 Yuckon 2 door with a 2" lift, exhaust, ECU mods, Red with the Z-71 package and black wheels. 70K on it. 1 owner and he was a friend. I wanted it really bad but........wait for it...........wait................The spouse wanted another Van.

I rest my case.

Damn.... Happy wife, happy life. At least she still lets you have toys.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Saw this today. Hubby said no since he just redid the front brakes on my old truck and says I have to wear those out first. This could take a while. :laugh:

beautiful 1986 chevy suburban w-pull rite hitch $6500.obo

My '89 suburban has a 350 in it and I get 17.5 mpg with it. I try to run mid grade or premium since I don't put a lot of miles on it, but I'm quite pleased as I never expected that kind of mileage with it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Saw this today. Hubby said no since he just redid the front brakes on my old truck and says I have to wear those out first. This could take a while. :laugh:

beautiful 1986 chevy suburban w-pull rite hitch $6500.obo

My '89 suburban has a 350 in it and I get 17.5 mpg with it. I try to run mid grade or premium since I don't put a lot of miles on it, but I'm quite pleased as I never expected that kind of mileage with it.
    Does your '89 burb have an overdrive transmission?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom