• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Kinda strange I'm working on a 56 Buick and I wake up to this on the 'tube.

[video=youtube;pOhl6oVpEes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhl6oVpEes&feature=share[/video]

Looks like it's gonna be neat. It's the smaller body than the one I'm working on. Makes me want to dig something out of the weeds now... I'd love to take a week vacation, a couple grand, one way ticket out west and a road trip back home....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    4 per side.....?????

I was told when a youngster the the 3 (6) hollers had the small motors.

Truth in this...:dunno:
    Yes 4 per side. The number of holes has more to do with the trim level. 4 holes is top of the line, however they had different trim levels. This one I'm working on is a Super, which is one step below the top dog Roadmaster. The Special and Century were the smaller body cars, 55 Chevy size. This big car has a 322 nailhead, I'm not sure when Buick went to a standard engine.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am sure these things change by the years, but I bought a Base model LeSabre in the 70's, it had 3 slots on each side and a 350 inch engine. The upgraded car was an Electra that had 4 slots on each side, it also came with a 350 inch engine. Both could be upgraded to 455 Buick engines.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes 4 per side. The number of holes has more to do with the trim level. 4 holes is top of the line, however they had different trim levels. This one I'm working on is a Super, which is one step below the top dog Roadmaster. The Special and Century were the smaller body cars, 55 Chevy size. This big car has a 322 nailhead, I'm not sure when Buick went to a standard engine.

My grand dad bought a 1955 Buick 4 holler brand new. It had the 322 in it.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I wouldn't want any part of that truck with the way the heat and humidity has been the past few weeks.

We had a discussion at work about the idiots who decided to do away with vent windows at work the other day. The shop truck sits outside all day in the sun, is a dark blue 95 C1500, and has no air. I started driving my own car to get everyone lunch so I could run the a/c.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wouldn't want any part of that truck with the way the heat and humidity has been the past few weeks.

We had a discussion at work about the idiots who decided to do away with vent windows at work the other day. The shop truck sits outside all day in the sun, is a dark blue 95 C1500, and has no air. I started driving my own car to get everyone lunch so I could run the a/c.
    That's why half the windshield folds out on that truck. I love vent windows, wish my lemans had them, but GM did away with them in 68 on the cars.... Our 78 Chevy truck has them though, it also has ice cold AC as well.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Astro Ventilation......the wave of the future
    :): Just a note for everyone, on an Astro ventilated car, if you take the kick panels out there is no way to stop the air from coming in as well as the water when it's raining. In fact on the highway while it's raining, the water is literally thrown into the car right at your feet.... Ask me how I know......

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have vent windows on four out of five of our trucks. I do miss the floor vents on my suburban though. It has the spot for them, but they didn't put them in that year I guess. We use them in the trucks all the time and I loved them in my van when I had it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom