images

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the day (:oldwise:) buddy had a Gremlin X that was an insurance deal. Been stripped of the wheels/drive train. Hod the 401 in it from the factory.
    He acquired a big block chev. (Possibly a 396) and a 4 speed.
    One of the scariest cars I ever rode in. Lightning fast but real scary.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Back in the day (:oldwise:) buddy had a Gremlin X that was an insurance deal. Been stripped of the wheels/drive train. Hod the 401 in it from the factory.
    He acquired a big block chev. (Possibly a 396) and a 4 speed.
    One of the scariest cars I ever rode in. Lightning fast but real scary.

buddy of mine had one to that we put a 401 out of a jeep and ran for about 30mins and we flipped it and it was done.....didn't even get the hood on yet:):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife had a Gremiln X when we first started dating, brown with copper accents and a 304. Sadly she sold it.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Sorry. It got hot and we got busy, then the boss sent me on a beer run. The winner is Rusty. We have four Miatas that come in and all are owned by guys in their 60s.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I know! Ford Mavericks!

What do I win?

My first car was a 76 Comet. My dad got it in trade for some work on my uncle's truck. Dad subcontracted out as a painter to OTIS ( where he worked anyway) and got to keep the left over paint. It was a fun car but by the time I got a big engine in it, I was tired of it and wanted something that used less gas. A girl a couple of years older than me had a Maverick Grabber.

As for little cars with big motors, dad and the neighbor once bought a Vega wagon with a 454 in it for the motor. They got it home and off the trailer but dad couldn't resist so he took it out on our street. He ran up the road and back then stopped near our house. He power braked it and before he could launch, the whole car visibly twisted and the front windshield spider webbed. He let off the gas and drove it around to the garage. I was 11 the time and thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry. It got hot and we got busy, then the boss sent me on a beer run. The winner is Rusty. We have four Miatas that come in and all are owned by guys in their 60s.
    :rockwoot: What do I win? For the record, although not very manly, I would drive the crap out of an older Miata. Little sports cars are lots of fun. I really like the old MGA and the Tr6's

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    :rockwoot: What do I win? For the record, although not very manly, I would drive the crap out of an older Miata. Little sports cars are lots of fun. I really like the old MGA and the Tr6's

I will buy you a beer and a burger sometime.

You will not fit in those cars.
    Hell I do not fit in them

I sat in one, pumping the clutch pedal while the tech bled it and felt like I was in one of those go carts at Kings Island.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom