• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not a horrible price...depending on the mechanics of the car, I suppose. Wonder if the SC was maintained as it should've been?
    Most likely not. I know none of the ones that were in my family were... I suggested to my dad one time that we should do it, he blew it off... Oh well, never had any issues and never really heard of many people actually servicing them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, but it has tinted taillights and headlight covers!:D

Sheesh. I always want to ask how much they knocked OFF the price for having that crap on the car. I know. I know. When I was a kid hopping up my cars the parents thought we were stupid. But I pretty much did functional stuff with few things for aesthetics. Wheels and tires mostly. But then again, you could argue that wheels and tires were also functional.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Sheesh. I always want to ask how much they knocked OFF the price for having that crap on the car. I know. I know. When I was a kid hopping up my cars the parents thought we were stupid. But I pretty much did functional stuff with few things for aesthetics. Wheels and tires mostly. But then again, you could argue that wheels and tires were also functional.

I would agree. I'm also a performance over asthetics guy. I wouldn't have blacked out the lights, but man, that car's got the look.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I've never understood the headlight covers.... Stupid. I've tinted plenty of tail lights over the years, for OTHER people. I wouldn't do it to mine. When I do them, I do just enough to take the edge off, but not dark enough that most would notice. Then the secret is to clear coat them after, then they look slick as ****.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    We had two "race cars" in this week, both with clutch problems. One needed a new clutch kit, the other a new slave cylinder. Both were driven daily by older guys in their 60's. Anyone want to guess what kind of car both were ( the same make of cars, one was just newer than the other)? I will give you a hint. I don't think Rusty or Churchmouse either one would be caught cruising in one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

When I was in grade school, the brothers who owned the nearby Shell station (they still worked on cars back then) had a purple Gremlin with a huge engine that they raced at the drag strip in Clermont (and probably elsewhere less . . . formally). It was always on a trailer there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom