• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can have the new stuff. I'll stick to the old junk, I would however take the seats out of the newer stuff...

Old is awesome and new is good too. It's the in between stuff that is so disappointing!

Of course, this is academic for me. My hotrod continues to be my '02 Silverado! HAHA!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The 'old stuff' has so much more character.
    And personality. I really enjoy the quirks each car has. For instance, with my lemans you must listen for when you need to shift, no tach, you also must be mindful of your speed because the needle fell off the speedo awhile ago. And the right rear window needs to be up about an inch while its down, otherwise it rattles. The huge tear on the drivers seat causes some amazing fresh air ventilation while on the highway, right in the most important spot! Oh and driving in the rain, be careful because your feet will get wet.... The fuel gauge falls to empty while the headlights are on and none of the dash lighting works. I could go on.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And personality. I really enjoy the quirks each car has. For instance, with my lemans you must listen for when you need to shift, no tach, you also must be mindful of your speed because the needle fell off the speedo awhile ago. And the right rear window needs to be up about an inch while its down, otherwise it rattles. The huge tear on the drivers seat causes some amazing fresh air ventilation while on the highway, right in the most important spot! Oh and driving in the rain, be careful because your feet will get wet.... The fuel gauge falls to empty while the headlights are on and none of the dash lighting works. I could go on.....

Well get busy man....get busy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

That's actually kind of cool.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not to change the subject, but is there anybody else that loves the '97-'03 Grand Prix GTP's? My best friend had one in high school. Red, four-door, super clean. Total soccer mom car, but I gotta admit, I can't really think of a car I love more. Don't get me wrong, if I had a million dollars, I would probably get something else, but darn-it-all if there's not a very special place in my heart for them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well get busy man....get busy.
    I know I know.... One thing at a time! This thing is a driver and I ain't retired! Ain't got time to tear it all down! Hopefully his winter I'll tear the dash apart and figure out what's going on. Besides, we all know wheels, looks and sound are way more important than anything else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know I know.... One thing at a time! This thing is a driver and I ain't retired! Ain't got time to tear it all down! Hopefully his winter I'll tear the dash apart and figure out what's going on. Besides, we all know wheels, looks and sound are way more important than anything else.

I am sure there are some wiring issues.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to change the subject, but is there anybody else that loves the '97-'03 Grand Prix GTP's? My best friend had one in high school. Red, four-door, super clean. Total soccer mom car, but I gotta admit, I can't really think of a car I love more. Don't get me wrong, if I had a million dollars, I would probably get something else, but darn-it-all if there's not a very special place in my heart for them.

My oldest son had one of those and it was supercharged I believe. I rode in it a few times and it would get your attention if leaned on.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had an 02 more door GT before my current Mazda. Loved that car and miss it. Sold it to a buddy who needed a good car quick after he took his caddy sailing.... Have always wanted a 2 door GTX special edition.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had an 02 more door GT before my current Mazda. Loved that car and miss it. Sold it to a buddy who needed a good car quick after he took his caddy sailing.... Have always wanted a 2 door GTX special edition.

They are nice cars. But the later Pontiac's, maybe 85 and on, had those orange/red dash lights I couldn't stand. I had the unfortunate experience of owning a late 90's grand am for a few months. It got me from point A to point B but I despised those damn dash lights.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They are nice cars. But the later Pontiac's, maybe 85 and on, had those orange/red dash lights I couldn't stand. I had the unfortunate experience of owning a late 90's grand am for a few months. It got me from point A to point B but I despised those damn dash lights.
    I guess I never really thought about that, but you're right they did suck.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just saw this and thought I would share it. I don't know if she is having a blonde moment or if the owner of the truck pissed her off.
    http://i.imgur.com/VtAt6Yc.gifv

I should do that the next time I take my "work" truck to the car wash. Maybe it would get all of the antifreeze out of the carpet that has been there for the last 10 years from when the heater core blew and pumped it all over the floor on the passenger side. I just threw a rubber floor mat over it and gave up on trying to get it clean.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe something really, really bad happened inside of that truck and washing the inside was the lesser of the evils?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom