Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some engine builders are using Rotella 10w-40 diesel oil in their HP motors due to the added zinc in them. The owner of Pittsburgh Power, a very good heavy truck shop, has a few hot rods/race cars and that is all he uses in them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some engine builders are using Rotella 10w-40 diesel oil in their HP motors due to the added zinc in them. The owner of Pittsburgh Power, a very good heavy truck shop, has a few hot rods/race cars and that is all he uses in them.

The Zinc additive helps break in the cams and keep them alive.
    Zinc has been removed from a lot of oils as it is detrimental to your catalytic's.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    When do we start the arguing over oils? I'd like to get that over with so we can get right to the cheeseburgers.

Fine.... This is your car now:
    06DA52B4-BE81-404A-AAFE-334F7F9A7A49_zpsxyfdkhgt.jpg

This is your car after using Mobil 1:
    Zastava%20101.jpg.opt400x300o0,0s400x300.jpg

Use only Moebius 8000/4
    O1053_pic1_cmyk.jpg

to keep your car running like a Swiss watch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fine.... This is your car now:
    View attachment 48900

This is your car after using Mobil 1:
    Zastava%20101.jpg.opt400x300o0,0s400x300.jpg

Use only Moebius 8000/4
    View attachment 48901

to keep your car running like a Swiss watch.

That is hilarious.
    I ran Mobile 1 in every Hot rod I had since I found it was the oil of choice by every race team like......."Ever"
    We ran it in the Indy cars. We ran it is the GTP corvette. We ran it in the top fuelers. Everything I ever stood close to with a wrench had Mobile 1 in it.
    I ran it in my Harelys and my street strip race bikes. Always.
    It is the absolute best oil according to every engine builder I have ever known and that is a fair group of folks.

We ran it in this....

This

This

This

This

This

This

This.....After break in....:)

This

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And This

And this....wifes bike on the right.

Kept this alive.....

This....:)

This

This

My sons senior pic next to his mid 12 second Z-28....Yup, mobile 1...

The Monti in the pic...Yup...M-1

Man that was fun and just the tip of the iceberg.....

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    And sadly CM those cars are now just memories today because you used Mobil 1. If only you had used Moebius 8000/4 , you would have a driveway full of cars instead of a photo album full of memories. Moebius 8000/4 uses a patented Swiss formula that no only keeps your car running like a Swiss watch, it also makes a great base for Caesar dressing, is great for rods and reels, toy trains, getting bubble gum out of child's hair, and keeps that delicious cheeseburger from sticking to your grill. *The FDA has not designated Moebius 8000/4 safe for food service usage but who cares? We need to move this stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And sadly CM those cars are now just memories today because you used Mobil 1. If only you had used Moebius 8000/4 , you would have a driveway full of cars instead of a photo album full of memories. Moebius 8000/4 uses a patented Swiss formula that no only keeps your car running like a Swiss watch, it also makes a great base for Caesar dressing, is great for rods and reels, toy trains, getting bubble gum out of child's hair, and keeps that delicious cheeseburger from sticking to your grill. *The FDA has not designated Moebius 8000/4 safe for food service usage but who cares? We need to move this stuff.

Your good.

Cheeseburger all around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The GTP hendricks Corvette had a SuperFlo oil sponsor. Big decals on the car and cases of the oil stacked in the trailer.
    Thing is we would get a few cases of beer.....ice it down.....open the SuperFlo bottles and dump them into 5 Gallon plastic fuel drums. Then we would fill the SF bottles with Mobile 1 so it looked like we were using the oil provided by the sponsors.
    The engines were V-6 Chevy 4.6 liter pieces making 1200 HP at full boost. That was 110"s of mind numbing insanity. Hard enough to keep it alive without gambling on the oil. Raced it between 60/75"s most times. Qualified it at the stupid levels.

Super flow pulled an oil sample from both cars to test the product after a 12 hr. race.
    Word was they were not pleased.......:dunno:

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    The GTP hendricks Corvette had a SuperFlo oil sponsor. Big decals on the car and cases of the oil stacked in the trailer.
    Thing is we would get a few cases of beer.....ice it down.....open the SuperFlo bottles and dump them into 5 Gallon plastic fuel drums. Then we would fill the SF bottles with Mobile 1 so it looked like we were using the oil provided by the sponsors.
    The engines were V-6 Chevy 4.6 liter pieces making 1200 HP at full boost. That was 110"s of mind numbing insanity. Hard enough to keep it alive without gambling on the oil. Raced it between 60/75"s most times. Qualified it at the stupid levels.

Super flow pulled an oil sample from both cars to test the product after a 12 hr. race.
    Word was they were not pleased.......:dunno:

That's hilarious, I never knew SuperFlo was a real oil company, the only time I ever saw it was in Days of Thunder. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom