Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stopped in to check on my buddy's F-100 build. They were prepping to paint the interior of the cab.
    The Patina is done. The pics show what they have done.

Engine is done. Still needs the new harness and it is on the bench.

Suspension is done and ready to be aligned when all the body is on the chassis.

The Patina is man made. The bronze is made to appear as it has been brazed together. That is paint and has been cleared.
    It looks so real but in reality it is Gold Leaf. Has to be seen in person. I love it.

The base is red oxide with the silver over the top. Scotch brite and sand paper created the appearance.
    It is done and the clear is on it.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Here is my F100. Took her on Power Tour this year and it was a blast. Did some burnouts with the Roadkill guys along side the muscle truck. Will be swapping the 4 speed out for a 5 speed before I do it again lol. Spent more on gas than anything else.

A90976CC-99E4-497D-A652-9D3F8F768F17_zps4wkg8yff.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I really like those classic cab overs. Maybe because the original Optimus Prime was one, or my Papaw drove one across the country after he retired from his body shop. He used to restore and modify Mustangs in a huge garage he built himself behind his house.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The truck show we attended in South Bend when we found the guy with the wheels that hubby ended up with on his 67 Chevy was huge and had all of these big trucks. It was a national truck club of some sort that does a traveling show in a different state each year. They didn't know if it would ever be back in Indiana in our lifetime so we decided we had to go. It was really neat to see some of the stuff that was from the early 1900's...all sizes and makes of vehicle in various conditions. It took hours to go through them all and some came across the country to be there for the weekend.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wrapped up the with the actual show today. Didn't take many pics as most of the cars I've seen before.

1932 Pontiac, reported to be unrestored.

This is the Oakland v8.

Check out that head!

Lots of people appriciate the crusty.

I just liked the story on this one.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Found out the location for next years trip. Plan is to take the Grand Prix because it's got AC, however I'm picturing the lemans on the Texas Motor Speedway! It's going to need some different seats and some other creature comforts if I do that though...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy to see how many times the engine has been apart, but if my math is right and being a Pontiac, he should be on his 5th timing chain!

If the original style poly gear is being used maybe 6th...:)

The Oakland V-8 is amazing.
    Can not seem to track the exhaust...:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom