• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    555Rs are street legal drag radials. Their tread pattern is similar to the 555s and they hook up great but they're very soft and don't last long. I had some regular 555's on my Mustang several years ago and they were wonderful.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    2 things on this car.....

1st.....it aint no ****ing Hemi so loose the badge.....:(
    2nd......the paint is nice but it aint me. would like it staright up blue (base color) much better.

Besides these 2 major issues it is a nice car.

How do we know it's not a hemi? (not being contentious... curious) Does that imply a original Mopar "Hemi," or will any hemispherical combustion chambers suffice?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do we know it's not a hemi? (not being contentious... curious) Does that imply a original Mopar "Hemi," or will any hemispherical combustion chambers suffice?

Oh man...................Look at the engine. That aint no freaking Hemi.
    Hemi's have very wide heads and the plugs are in the middle of the combustion chambers not in the down side.

No.....it should be a real "Hemi"
    I think Ford was the only other Hemi head offered from the factory in production cars. USA production in the Muscle era to be more specific. If I missed one somebody will set me straight.....:)

And........if you guys like the paint no worries. It is gaudy to me but I am a plain jane kind of guy. Less is more.
    The 20K he put in the paint with the money he dropped on the "B" block it could have been a Hemi.................:dunno:

Put the money where it does the most good. Drive train/brakes.

Less is more.
    Paint was done at cost and favors in our circle.

Less is more.......:)
    The issue on the door is the pic I copied this from not the paint.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

If you look at the pictures in the ad, it's a 440 based engine, hence no hemispherical combustion chamber.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh man...................Look at the engine. That aint no freaking Hemi.
    Hemi's have very wide heads and the plugs are in the middle of the combustion chambers not in the down side.

And........if you guys like the paint no worries. It is gaudy to me but I am a plain jane kind of guy. Less is more.
    The 20K he put in the paint with the money he dropped on the "B" block it could have been a Hemi.................:dunno:

Put the money where it does the most good. Drive train/brakes.

Okay... I'm not learned enough to know just by looking!

$20K is preposterous for that paint job. He deserves to eat the cost of it for being stupid.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If he paid for the work he could have north of that money in it.
    No way I could afford to have someone work on my crap. Luckily I'm cheap enough that I search for the cheapest/best solution to whatever I need. I've been doing some major research on disc brakes for project lemans, it's going to be either a winter project or next year. I may need to sell some more firearms.... I've found out c5/6 corvette front brakes are what I want, 98-02 f body rear brakes to retain the parking brake, a master from a c3 vette so I can retain my manual brakes but have a master build for discs. Plumb it all up and I'll have a kick butt braking system for less money than the cheapest kits available out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No way I could afford to have someone work on my crap. Luckily I'm cheap enough that I search for the cheapest/best solution to whatever I need. I've been doing some major research on disc brakes for project lemans, it's going to be either a winter project or next year. I may need to sell some more firearms.... I've found out c5/6 corvette front brakes are what I want, 98-02 f body rear brakes to retain the parking brake, a master from a c3 vette so I can retain my manual brakes but have a master build for discs. Plumb it all up and I'll have a kick butt braking system for less money than the cheapest kits available out there.

The 65 Biscayne I have posted up on here had a pieced together 4 wheel disk brake syste, on it. It had a 1967 manual brake master from a Corvette as it had a bigger piston dia.
    The fronts were part of a kit that had caliper mounts that fit the spindles and the rears were from a Cadilac of some sort for the e-brakes and I had to make the mounts for the truck style 12 bolt I had under it. The flanges were not a square bolt pattern but rectangular. Once it all worked you really never knew they were not Vac. assist power.
    I put 2 line lock solenoids on it. ! for the front line lock (burn outs) and the second for the rears. I ran the car in a foot brake class (12.0's) and no trans brakes allowed. It had a turbo 400 reverse shift pattern with a trans brake but I only used it grudge/street racing.
    I did however use the 4 wheel line lock with a transbrake button. A toggle on the control panel marked "B" (burnout) and "L" (launch).
    Pump the brakes up hard, set the lock and lean on the converter. Worked really well. I had a few complain about me using the T-brake when their buddy's saw me come off the button and the car bolted out pretty smartly. I always had the solenoid on the T-brake unplugged.

The small green button is the line lock launch. The big red one is the T-brake

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom