Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would call that sacreligious dropping a Chevy in a Pontiac, but since it was originally an olds equipped car I'll let it pass. You certainly did that car a favor.:)

Yeah but did I mention the 2nd "X" got that on.

That was the 2nd Pontiac I did the BB chevy thing to.
    1965 GTO. Burgundy/black Vinal top/black interior/389 Tri-power.//3 peddles.
    Super sweet car just a turd. My buddys L78 small block regularly kicked my ass.

Wrecks Inc. sold engines for $1 per horse power. 427 435 cost me $435 plus a set of hookers.
    People would actually miss the fact it was a BB chevy with the tri-power.
    They also looked at the tail lights.....a lot.

Damn this thread has me missing those cars. All of them.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Have you guys seen Bob Riggle and Jay Leno roll Riggle's "Hemi Underglass" clone? Beautiful car before the run and it sounds like Riggle was already planning to fix it. I have one of my dad's old Hot Rod magazines with an article about the original car around here somewhere.

[video=youtube;LabX19ocJZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabX19ocJZA[/video]

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Sad to see a nice car wrecked. Glad no one was hurt. The Hurst Hemi Under Glass was always one car I wanted to see run, but never did. I did get to see The Little Red Wagon and The Bardahl Bug run at Raceway Park when I was in school.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I guess it really only rolled over once, the footage Leno used was edited to make it look like it rolled more.
    [video=youtube;8qRF-brflyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRF-brflyk[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That is an amazing vehicle! I hope Jay helps him rebuild it!

The best part of that was how 80-year-old Bob Riggle was completely unphased by the roll. The only stress reaction he showed was gritting his teeth a little!

I want a 2,500 HP hemi!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In motorcycles we said ; a bad race is when you wadded it up without crossing the finish, a good race is when you make the finish, a great race is when you finish and the bike can still be used again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In motorcycles we said ; a bad race is when you wadded it up without crossing the finish, a good race is when you make the finish, a great race is when you finish and the bike can still be used again.

We always smiled when the car went into the trailer on all 4's with the corners intact.

More than once Jacks, winches, come along, pry bars and a broom were needed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Summit shipped my wheels and tires today. Hopefully see them tomorrow, definitely Wednesday. I'm getting excited! Have been researching next years project which will be disc brakes, I won't be able to go all out and get what I truly want, but there are options out there ranging from piecing a kit together using parts from NAPA, to using c5/6 vette or ls1 f body brakes. In my searchings, I'm realizing just how crazy I can go with this car...

I want it to be comfy drive cross country or hit the track and have some fun. It is seriously lacking in the tunes department, it's got a manual radio (you gotta sing to yourself :)).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom