• Status
    Not open for further replies.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Went to get a sheet of aluminum skin cut for a trailer I'm working on & what do they have parked there....not sure why it's there, they don't do any kind of restro work that I know of.

It's just down the road from us, but I have never been to the shop till yesterday and we have used them to cut stuff for years.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Looks like damage can be repaired and no real rust issues visible in the pic.
    1974 400's were not over muscled by any means.
    Yeah 74 stuff power was way down, torque was still there somewhat. They wake up quite well with mild upgrades. I think a Formula is a better car over a TA. Not that I don't like TAs, the formulas were lighter without all that gawdy crap on them...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah 74 stuff power was way down, torque was still there somewhat. They wake up quite well with mild upgrades. I think a Formula is a better car over a TA. Not that I don't like TAs, the formulas were lighter without all that gawdy crap on them...

When I bought my 79 TA it had that Gawd-Awful 403 Olds in it. What an absolute turd.

Friends in the salvage business always helps. Wrecked 1967 Vette (wrecked like "Really" wrecked) 427 Tri-power. Set of Hookers (naughty) and a built Turbo-400 with a mild stall and it drops right in the hole with just a few mods on the K-frame. I think the radiator had to be changed but memory on this is (:fogey:) vague but I do remember that the 1st rip out with the headers open netted a splattered 10 bolt. I mean splattered.
    Hunted down a Camaro 12 bout as they were still around in 1979. 3:73's on a P-trac and that thing was a missile.
    Sanded all that Gawdy Bandit :poop: off of it and sprayed it a caramel Imron. Big Cragers and Goodyears finished it off.
    2nd "X" got that one. Damn it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hehe, who needs ac! Besides with the underdrive pullies I doubt the battery would live with that going on. :)

Every little trick. It all adds up in the end.
    Last real street/strip car I built I went for the electric water pump and fans. I had a 100 A alternator on it spinning at full speed to keep all the electric stuff happy so it might have been a wash save for the fans.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Every little trick. It all adds up in the end.
    Last real street/strip car I built I went for the electric water pump and fans. I had a 100 A alternator on it spinning at full speed to keep all the electric stuff happy so it might have been a wash save for the fans.

Exactly, that baby ran pretty solid. 308, ported and shaved heads, 13:1 compression, port matched intake/throttle body, comp xtreme energy bumpstick. We did leave the sway bars and pony's on that one, previous mustang was straight line only. Lol. Weld drag lites and skinnies on the front, great until you have to hit the brakes half hard in a misty rain. Yowza

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Drag stars (4") on the front of my 65 Biscayne were great for lite to lite but turning a corner and getting a bit happy with the go peddle would lock up the Auburn Pro and push the front wheels. 1st time it happened it was a bit scary.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I bought my 79 TA it had that Gawd-Awful 403 Olds in it. What an absolute turd.

Friends in the salvage business always helps. Wrecked 1967 Vette (wrecked like "Really" wrecked) 427 Tri-power. Set of Hookers (naughty) and a built Turbo-400 with a mild stall and it drops right in the hole with just a few mods on the K-frame. I think the radiator had to be changed but memory on this is (:fogey:) vague but I do remember that the 1st rip out with the headers open netted a splattered 10 bolt. I mean splattered.
    Hunted down a Camaro 12 bout as they were still around in 1979. 3:73's on a P-trac and that thing was a missile.
    Sanded all that Gawdy Bandit :poop: off of it and sprayed it a caramel Imron. Big Cragers and Goodyears finished it off.
    2nd "X" got that one. Damn it.
    I would call that sacreligious dropping a Chevy in a Pontiac, but since it was originally an olds equipped car I'll let it pass. You certainly did that car a favor.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom