Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Talk about service. Jegs package dropped at my door last evening right at 24 hours after ordering.
    Pistons and gasket set in hand. Now, what to do about this camshaft selection Dilemma.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bring it, if you want anymore details let me know. We debated on finding a van so we can gut it and have a place to sleep but we both think a van would be boring.
    I am going to be looking more into this, I can almost certainly say it won't happen this time around, but will start think about it. Vans can be majorly badass.

88 chevy van

How bout a 'burb?

94 chevy suburban

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Talk about service. Jegs package dropped at my door last evening right at 24 hours after ordering.
    Pistons and gasket set in hand. Now, what to do about this camshaft selection Dilemma.
    I always use Summit, they do the same. Pretty awesome for us hot rodders. Especially since those late night runs to the parts store are pretty much worthless unless it's something really simple.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always use Summit, they do the same. Pretty awesome for us hot rodders. Especially since those late night runs to the parts store are pretty much worthless unless it's something really simple.

Never used Summit but many friends have. I am just comfortable with the Jegs system.

I am tossing around cam choices. I do not want a huge stall in the 64. The cam at the top of the list rolls into power about 2800 so a 2500 stall would fit well. In that heavy car I am sure it would flash to 3K if I leaned on it.
    I would have no issues driving it. Big trans cooler up front.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My very first car was an '86 Caprice. Awful brown color. It was awesome.

Mine was an 83 Olds Delta 88, probably the same color brown too. It was the upgrade Royale Brougham and was super comfortable. It did have a pretty big back seat too......

My biggest concern is finding something that runs well mechanically.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    DSC01890.JPG

DSC01891.JPG

While this is not what most of the guys here would consider a hot rod I am still going to brag about my boy. Paul started with bodywork and oil changes when he was 9. He decided at that point he wanted to start saving for his first car. Since then he has saved every single penny. He has since learned to do a few basic automotive maintenance things and has even started to learn welding. Now just a couple weeks after turning 12 he bought his first car with the money he has saved. The car is a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT, 2.2L Turbocharged 5 speed. He has started saving again in order to do some of the modifications he wants to do and hopes to have it ready to take to the car shows when he turns 16. Man I am a proud dad!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 52973

View attachment 52974

While this is not what most of the guys here would consider a hot rod I am still going to brag about my boy. Paul started with bodywork and oil changes when he was 9. He decided at that point he wanted to start saving for his first car. Since then he has saved every single penny. He has since learned to do a few basic automotive maintenance things and has even started to learn welding. Now just a couple weeks after turning 12 he bought his first car with the money he has saved. The car is a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT, 2.2L Turbocharged 5 speed. He has started saving again in order to do some of the modifications he wants to do and hopes to have it ready to take to the car shows when he turns 16. Man I am a proud dad!

Thats how it should be done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom