• Status
    Not open for further replies.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Is this a surge style brake. If not where do they get the hydraulics. I figure boat trailers do not use electric brakes for obvious reasons.

Yes it's surge brakes, but we have installed elect. brakes on boat trailers. They work fine, but if you are worried about them in the water just unplug the trailer before you back onto the ramp.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I copied some pictures of Michiana Auto Sport Facebook page.
    00543923-48BC-41B5-90A4-2C8A82CBC012_zps8iijcbb6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

4732412A-CA98-47E4-AD53-602AC31AEECE_zpsmjduwujv.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Glue- what year is your truck again? And, is that the final color on the body? Just trying to get a feel for how close it really is to hitting the streets. Oh and is it going to have a steel bed floor or did it come with a wood floor?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Glue- what year is your truck again? And, is that the final color on the body? Just trying to get a feel for how close it really is to hitting the streets. Oh and is it going to have a steel bed floor or did it come with a wood floor?

My Grandfather Dewey Oscar Mann bought the truck new in 1966. I rode in the truck as a kid. In the cab and in the bed of the truck (when that was ok to do). It was a farm truck for many years until he passed away.

My sister and BIL got the truck and has owned it for close to 20 years. My BIL is a mechanic and has put lots of different motors in it including some nasty big blocks.

I got the truck last June and realized my BIL had everything pieced together.

Between my full time job and side businesses I'm out of time to work on it. I found a guy 2 miles from my house that is very good on this kind of work. He has been working on it part time since June.

The body is good and I like the color but does need painted. Hopefully I can get Rusty to do it. His work is amazing.

I still ill need to get some heat in it with the vintage air kit but I'm hoping to get it drivable next week.

I think im going to call the truck "Dewey Oscar"

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I hope I get to paint it. Lemme know when you wanna bring it over. ;)
    Once it's road ready I will make a trip to your shop for you to take a look at it.

Very nice and awesome that it has such a strong family connection
    It's good and bad that the truck will never leave the family. The bad part is you never think I will never get out of it, what I'm putting in it.

The jury is still out on what I'm going to do in the bed. The wood bed is still in the truck but it's covered with metal. The original wood is rotten and in bad shape.

My BIL put a DIY bedliner kit from a gallon can that rolls on so it would be a lot of work to strip enough to paint. I want to drive the truck and will be hauling stuff in it for shows and what not, so it has to be durable.

might just have a nice Rino liner put in nice and thick. A place in California makes a sweet fiberglass cover. Another place in Canada makes an aluminum cover with electric lifts.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Insane amount of torque here!!

[video=youtube_share;x9M13B-T_R8]http://youtu.be/x9M13B-T_R8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;QPTDlNmValk]http://youtu.be/QPTDlNmValk[/video]

Here is some info on this truck.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/andre-gagnons-coga-power/

Custom ECM programing lets it rev to 3100 rpm. It's a 3406 (6NZ) Cat motor. With 1200+ hp, the torque must be almost 3,000.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I Got The Shaft

I picked up my drive shaft for project Dewey Oscar

Action Machine in South Bend, IN did a great job.
    I dropped off the shaft on Friday about 3:30 when they were just about done for the day.

I received a call Monday morning at 8:30 that the driveshaft was ready to go.

They shortened the driveshaft 3", straightened and balanced it.
    Installed Spicer u-joints, polished the yoke input shaft and painted it.

Labor was only $80 and the u-joint were about $30 each.

Once the State of Indiana threw their tax on there I was out the door for a buck fiddy

Mechanic said his plans are to have it driveable by the end of the week.

I like a kid a christmas waiting to hear what kind of heart beat it has.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I picked up my drive shaft for project Dewey Oscar

Action Machine in South Bend, IN did a great job.
    I dropped off the shaft on Friday about 3:30 when they were just about done for the day.

I received a call Monday morning at 8:30 that the driveshaft was ready to go.

They shortened the driveshaft 3", straightened and balanced it.
    Installed Spicer u-joints, polished the yoke input shaft and painted it.

Labor was only $80 and the u-joint were about $30 each.

Once the State of Indiana threw their tax on there I was out the door for a buck fiddy

Mechanic said his plans are to have it driveable by the end of the week.

I like a kid a christmas waiting to hear what kind of heart beat it has.

Nice. We need pics when it's driveable

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.

The list is complete.
    New Mahle Pistons. Free float pins flat top. With the current cylinder heads at 62cc chamber volume it should net right at 11 to 1. The ring set is up to the power adders.
    Pistons and gaskets will be in the mail.

I am stepping up on the cam. The Hydraulic piece I have is just not gonna cut it. I have picked out a solid unit that will run the engine to potential. The valve train is fully girdled and up to the task.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK.

The list is complete.
    New Mahle Pistons. Free float pins flat top. With the current cylinder heads at 62cc chamber volume it should net right at 11 to 1. The ring set is up to the power adders.
    Pistons and gaskets will be in the mail.

I am stepping up on the cam. The Hydraulic piece I have is just not gonna cut it. I have picked out a solid unit that will run the engine to potential. The valve train is fully girdled and up to the task.

It sounds like you have the makings of a serious piece

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It sounds like you have the makings of a serious piece

I am shooting for a solid 450+ on engine. With the 4L60 and the right converter and 3:73 it will be manageable. The car is heavy. No way around it. Not looking for a monster. With the power adder (150 sniper plate system) it should embarrass a few of the local prancing pony's.....:cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom