Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in high school I did a report on aerodynamics. The most interesting and shocking thing I discovered, Porsches have been proven to be more aerodynamic facing backwards.

At the Speedway we found that 1 Deg. of rear wing and 1/2 in the fronts (aero grip for sissy's) to the positive will knock about 8 MPH of the straight away speed. That is minuscule wing movement. The drag generated at those speeds is tremendous.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    At the Speedway we found that 1 Deg. of rear wing and 1/2 in the fronts (aero grip for sissy's) to the positive will knock about 8 MPH of the straight away speed. That is minuscule wing movement. The drag generated at those speeds is tremendous.

How much speed were you able to gain in the corners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How much speed were you able to gain in the corners.

That was the trade off. The driver felt more secure with the aero grip. It did pick up the average lap times but just a bit. Maybe 1 to 2 MPH as the peddle was staying down or closer to it.
    Thing is the car being planted was not going to get the avg. lap speeds up to qualifying levels. If you looked at the fast guys cars they were flying them pretty loose.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My mother told me that one of her co workers has a 1970 Nova she's trying to get rid of. Body supposedly good, needs engine work. 120,000 miles. That's all I know.... Trying to get more info. Any interest from y'all in here?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ok so the trunk/ hatch has essentially a built in spoiler and someone added that wing contraption.. I would be embarrassed to drive around on city streets with a wing like that...now it just needs a big fart can or better yet a pair of fart cans. Sorry I know those 4cyl cars are pretty quick and that one has some Porsche esq body lines but that just don't look right. Looks like an 8yo designed it

135k to 176k purpose built FACTORY Porsche. Say what you will about the wing but I guarantee it ain't on there for looks!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got the right side pretty much done tonight. This original paint is the best I've ever had the opportunity to work with. I am seriously in love with this car... It's super nice, but has just enough "patina" and battle scars to let you know she's been around. Owner has taken really good care of this paint over the years, but fell off on the maintenance the last couple. Took it into Mikes to use their sprayer and pushed the soap button. The soap ate off all the polishes and wax that was on the paint. Made him sick. Paint is in super nice shape, just dry. Needs oils rubbed back into it.

Comparison of the top of the fender done vs hood that hasn't been touched.

Mmmmmmm reflections are back.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I figured some may be interested in this. I've never seen a spark plug like these. Scared the crap outta me when I pulled one out yesterday because I only grabbed the top part...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom