• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mike and Edd gave a little love to a powder blue Luv on Wheeler Dealers. They ended up selling it to a hipster that owned a brewery.

Pretty good show.
    I caught a little bit of that, but never saw the finished product. I watched that show before it was on TV here, only on YouTube... Don't watch it much anymore, or any car shows much for that matter.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It was one of the low HP years, a '74 maybe? I graduated high school in '78 so it would have to been pre 1975. His was an AT, mine was a 4-speed with 3:73 gears.
    ;) Just bustin balls. A lot of those mid 70s Pontiacs were way less than 200 hp and most of the automatics I've seen have 3:08 gears. I bet that thing was a total dog...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Need to get my block over to the machine shop sometime this week to have it cleaned, pressure tested, magnafluxed and sonic tested. Then if all is good, decide what kind of power level I want and then comes the conversation about how to achieve that.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It was one of the low HP years, a '74 maybe? I graduated high school in '78 so it would have to been pre 1975. His was an AT, mine was a 4-speed with 3:73 gears.

I had a 1979 Espirit with the 301 engine and four BBL Carb. It was a good looking car in silver with red and orange accent stripes, but it was a turd for power. If I remember correctly it had 150 hp.

That car tried to kill me when I fell asleep driving home late one night. Went left of a bridge in Owensville, IN and flew 65 ft in the air over a creek and slamming the front bumper in the bank on the other side of the creek. I went through the windshield and nearly decapitated myself. I'm still sporting a nice scare around as a reminder what drinking and driving can do.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ;) Just bustin balls. A lot of those mid 70s Pontiacs were way less than 200 hp and most of the automatics I've seen have 3:08 gears. I bet that thing was a total dog...

True, but a V8 Firebird should shut down a stock Vega on any day that ends in "y". :)

I had a 1979 Espirit with the 301 engine and four BBL Carb. It was a good looking car in silver with red and orange accent stripes, but it was a turd for power. If I remember correctly it had 150 hp.

That car tried to kill me when I fell asleep driving home late one night. Went left of a bridge in Owensville, IN and flew 65 ft in the air over a creek and slamming the front bumper in the bank on the other side of the creek. I went through the windshield and nearly decapitated myself. I'm still sporting a nice scare around as a reminder what drinking and driving can do.

Ouch!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    True, but a V8 Firebird should shut down a stock Vega on any day that ends in "y". :)
    Power to weight. If you got the launch on him and depending how his car was optioned... I've held my own in a little Mazda with a 2.3L vs some never v8 powered cars. Those little engines like to rev and pull really smartly when they do. V8 will walk away once up to speed, but from the launch, good luck. :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Power to weight. If you got the launch on him and depending how his car was optioned... I've held my own in a little Mazda with a 2.3L vs some never v8 powered cars. Those little engines like to rev and pull really smartly when they do. V8 will walk away once up to speed, but from the launch, good luck. :)
    I will agree that it should NOT happen.... But it does.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is the Kammback. It was prototyped on the second gen, but never made production. They prototyped it again for the third and fourth gens, but again, it never made production.
    There are, or were, kits available for the conversion. The glass panels actually open like gull wings.

In my opinion, it ruins the lines of the car. I have an '89 GTA TA, but I haven't driven it in a few years. As with all of the third gens, the clear is peeling bad and I hoped to paint it one day.
    That day still hasn't arrived.
    I've seen those in a 3rd gen, but that's the first second gen I've seen.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That guy did 300+ ft on his bumper, on asphalt. I was impressed. Setting up your car for a road like that is way more "street" than what they run in OK.

That group from memphis is definitely street... They have super mega egos and it's almost an out of control kind of "street". JJ is like that all the time serious hillbilly (not a redneck...HILLBILLY) with far more money than brains. He personifies...hey y'all watch this.
    But it was a good episode

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Any other future plans for that thing? They can be pretty cool when done up right.

Not really, keeping her mostly stock though Classic Inlines has a nice aluminum head and intake kit (Mine has the one piece intake/head combo), since the Aussie Falcon 250-2V heads are almost impossible to find anymore... 302 was an optional factory motor, but I want to keep what she's got... unless I hit the lottery...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom