Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wouldn't need a lot of power. Would be going in something hot roddish that the engine would be one of the main attractions. I like oddball engines in hot rods. They need not make a whole lot of power when the "cool" factor is there.

Agreed. That would look awesome in an open engine bay old school hot rod.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Screw all you Mopar haters!

I am really glad my wife did not see this she is a absolutely a MOPAR nut.View attachment 51932

Dodge invited us to "Dodge rocks gas monkey garage" in Dallas,TX
    That was a unbelievable event Dodge went all out.
    You could drag race in a Hellcat with the Dodge test drivers this was before the Hellcat was released.
    You could ride in a Viper with the SRT team ( those guys are nuts) if you did not puke in the car they were disappointed.
    The engineers and stylists were walking around asking what they could do better!
    The President of Dodge asked for detailed emails of cars you would buy if they built them.

When is the last time you seen Motley Crue with 800 of your friends paid for by Dodge?

You may not like MOPAR but they understand car people and listen to them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Saw John Force at the PRI show also a lot of the street outlaws cast and cars were there. Lots of nice cars there and also in this thread.
    I met Mr. Force and his daughter Courtney :naughty: a few years back in Joliet. He really is as loud and obnoxious in person as he seems on TV. Super nice guy though, a man you could sit down and talk with.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I am really glad my wife did not see this she is a absolutely a MOPAR nut.View attachment 51932

You could drag race in a Hellcat with the Dodge test drivers this was before the Hellcat was released.
    You could ride in a Viper with the SRT team ( those guys are nuts) if you did not puke in the car they were disappointed.
    The engineers and stylists were walking around asking what they could do better!
    The President of Dodge asked for detailed emails of cars you would buy if they built them.

When is the last time you seen Motley Crue with 800 of your friends paid for by Dodge?

:): I like screwing with MOPAR guys. Lots of fun. I like all the old cars, but Mopars are still junk. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not a hater here. As with any Marque they all make a turd on occasion. The last 3 gen Camaro's did Nada for me. And I am a Bow tie guy. The Chargers we are Boo-Hoo'ing really are not good looking cars and they did not run being caught up in the ECO frenzy that killed the muscle cars. I had friends that bought them. They liked them well enough. I briefly owned a 1968 Charger that came to me in a long drawn out convoluted trade. Spouse (at the time) loved it but it brought good money so off it went.
    I do miss the 64 Dodge and the 70 duster.

To die for....

-Hemi Dart
    -64 Dodge Hemi car.
    -Hemi Dart..............:cool:

That is about it. The new stuff is pretty cool and I have to say they do the retro thing with style.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yup, I think they have done the new Challenger pretty well. A few things could change, but that's being nit-picky.

Working in the automotive industry and now working with the OEM's, I can tell you that FCA is really tightening up on QC. They still aren't to the level of the Japanese companies, but they are trying. Time will tell if it makes a real difference in the finished product. But we have to jump through a lot of hoops with them to get a part through PPAP and launched into production.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup, I think they have done the new Challenger pretty well. A few things could change, but that's being nit-picky.

Working in the automotive industry and now working with the OEM's, I can tell you that FCA is really tightening up on QC. They still aren't to the level of the Japanese companies, but they are trying. Time will tell if it makes a real difference in the finished product. But we have to jump through a lot of hoops with them to get a part through PPAP and launched into production.

As with any model they tend to make changes yearly to suit the buying public.
    The new Mustangs had the retro thing down pat. Then they Euro trashed them to death IMHO.
    Way to Robo-Cop for me but I am not the current buying public.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the new offerings do nothing for me. I don't foresee ever buying a newer offering for myself. I'll stick with my old junk from now on.

I bought the last new one in 98. We rolled it to well past 160K between us and my son. He finished it off actually.

With all the EPA mandated stuff, safety equipment and related gear the price of a car/truck I would even consider owning is just nuts.

2 2004's in the fleet. Both function/serve very well.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I bought the last new one in 98. We rolled it to well past 160K between us and my son. He finished it off actually.

With all the EPA mandated stuff, safety equipment and related gear the price of a car/truck I would even consider owning is just nuts.

2 2004's in the fleet. Both function/serve very well.
    Just like life is too short to have a poor trigger, life is too short to have a boring ride. :)

I don't mind the safety equipment on the new stuff, I'd much rather be driving a new car than anything old for safety purposes in an accident.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom