Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well considering that I was 1 year old in 1970 my memory of that time is quite fuzzy.

Did you see hippies on a regular basis?

How crazy was the street racing in that era?

Hell man I was a hippy. But I bathed regular.....:cool:

The street scene was alive. It was what we all did most every weekend inn the good weather and occasionally in not so good weather. Winter was for re-builds and new stuff. I always had at least 2 major projects going outside my street car.
    Thursday night was the chassis dyno at the garage. Oil changes and tune ups. Spare plugs and the hot set up for the weekend. Put the slicks on it and tweak the chassis.
    Friday night was cruising and looking for races/hot woman...:)
    Saturday was usually the intense scene. My buddy with the Nova and I always had someone looking for us to race. We ruled the west side in that time period.

Sunday was spent undoing every thing we did on Thursday if we drove the car through the week. If not it was parked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Another good friend had a COPO nova. It was a small block 3 peddle car. I am unsure of the actual horse power it had when he got it but damn that 327 was a screamer. Rock crusher (never saw one in a small block car) 12 bolt and 4:10's. Bones bare body, rubber mats bench seat no radio not even a cig. lighter. NADA but what it took to roll out hard. 12:20's all day long.
    Damn I miss those days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    RH, people suck in general. They pray on those with less knowledge. I have known a few of that mindset and once I get it figured out I do all I can to ruin their plans.

That is paraffin based oil sludge. Old school bulk oil from a drum.
    I see the sand.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sad part is, this customer is a really good guy. Self made man, down to earth and a former Marine. He just got a little caught up with how pretty the truck was and had to have it. I really wish people would just ask, I would travel to look at these vehicles for them so they don't get screwed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sad part is, this customer is a really good guy. Self made man, down to earth and a former Marine. He just got a little caught up with how pretty the truck was and had to have it. I really wish people would just ask, I would travel to look at these vehicles for them so they don't get screwed.

That is the life blood of an auction.......feeding frenzy.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Florida car, it belonged to my grandmother's older brother.
    Awesome. I'm always happy to see things stay in the family like that. Hopefully I'll get to see it in person sometime. It has been brought up before, but we really need to set up an INGO car meet sometime next year. Pick a location that's most convenient for everyone. Maybe we pick a car show or car event we can all hangout at and bench race.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom