• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    How dare you criticize the 71-74 Charger and Plymouths!

You are a bunch of car rasist!

There I said it's out in the open.

BTW in the presence of MOPAR guys they are always right and any car that's not a MOPAR is not really welcome.

Have you ever been around Oldsmobile fans strange dudes.
    They all memorize the specs and recite them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How dare you criticize the 71-74 Charger and Plymouths!

You are a bunch of car rasist!

There I said it's out in the open.

BTW in the presence of MOPAR guys they are always right and any car that's not a MOPAR is not really welcome.

Have you ever been around Oldsmobile fans strange dudes.
    They all memorize the specs and recite them.

I have had several MoPars in my time.
    The county sheriffs used to auction of the interceptors back in the day (:oldwise:) and they were stellar pieces. I wish those drive trains were stored somewhere.

1964 Dodge Polara. It was a 318 4 speed when I bought it. Engine locked. 383 donor from a dodge Monaco, good heads/cam/manifold/carb/dual point/Doug Brown fender well headers and a 4:30 gear. Ran like a monster.
    Ran across a 426 Hemi for sale. Was supposed to be out of a wreck but info learned later I was not so sure. It got the full house treatment. Put a 4:10 in it. Stupid fast. Why oh why did I sell it. Oh yeah, I remember..........I bought Norm Paddoks 40 Willys gasser and put it on the street with a BB chev in it.

70 340 Wedge duster. Same deal.....cam/headers/intake/built trans and converter/4:56 gear. Stupid fast.

Had me some MoPars.....I still dislike that series Charger.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This would be fun. I'd leave it just the way it was, saw a challenger at the Mopar Nats a couple years back running down the track in even worse burnt shape. Guy prolly wants a fortune for it and it's about impossible to get paint to stick to burnt cars...

1972. GTO. 4. Speed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This would be fun. I'd leave it just the way it was, saw a challenger at the Mopar Nats a couple years back running down the track in even worse burnt shape. Guy prolly wants a fortune for it and it's about impossible to get paint to stick to burnt cars...

1972. GTO. 4. Speed.

I like the line; "needs some work". Duh! Can you strip and sand down to bare metal and get paint to stick?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like the line; "needs some work". Duh! Can you strip and sand down to bare metal and get paint to stick?
    I have no personal experience with it, but my father does. His first car (crap! I forgot to find pix of that) came out of a garage fire, he had issues with the paint sticking. Lot of variables as far as how hot the fire got, what they used to put it out and so on.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was surprised when I reassembled the Charger just what a difference modern suspension components made. Modern shocks, bushings, and springs took out a lot of the roll and bob.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Biggest difference I noticed with the lemans was getting the center of gravity down and throwing big sway bars on it. Get rid of the small wheels and tall sidewalls and virtually all of the felt body roll disappears.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is a pretty amazing video. Enjoy my brothers!

[video=youtube;9XJE-2KNH-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJE-2KNH-Y&ebc=ANyPxKpQcShtgX3LS0sUHtiw8JpOMAhLqCzr7E7jirDf WTrup9QdZsmD7pZj7BVxEkepgs-u0DIZYIRmamKx0m27MzuEp5IFvA[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Biggest difference I noticed with the lemans was getting the center of gravity down and throwing big sway bars on it. Get rid of the small wheels and tall sidewalls and virtually all of the felt body roll disappears.

I couldn't keep the old look with lower profile tires on Cragar 5 spokes. The fronts are 265/60/15 and the rear are 295/50/15 with 8 inch rims.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is a pretty amazing video. Enjoy my brothers!

[video=youtube;9XJE-2KNH-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJE-2KNH-Y&ebc=ANyPxKpQcShtgX3LS0sUHtiw8JpOMAhLqCzr7E7jirDf WTrup9QdZsmD7pZj7BVxEkepgs-u0DIZYIRmamKx0m27MzuEp5IFvA[/video]
    Cool! I've always had a dream of putting one of those in something. Way cool engines.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very pleasing to the eye but not a lot of power potential with out a lot of effort/moola
    Wouldn't need a lot of power. Would be going in something hot roddish that the engine would be one of the main attractions. I like oddball engines in hot rods. They need not make a whole lot of power when the "cool" factor is there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom