Not open for further replies.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Bought a 1968 Cougar XR7-G this summer. It was a Rent-A-Racer out of Hertz at the Atlanta airport. I am pulling the engine and trans next week to go through them. I will also be going through the engine bay while it is out.

It looks a lot better in the pictures. It is rust free, but everything will need to be gone through.

E8qqhy5.jpg

http://relicrecyclery.com/hertzcougar/page2/hertz_brochure.jpg

I bought a 68 Cougar off a friend in 1979 and he had found a wrecked G car and put the hood piece and badges on the rear sail and in the interior. Not really a Ford guy but I liked the looks of the early Cougars. I really liked the dash layout and looks. Had mine at the 1980 street machine nationals in Indy and got to make a lap around the 500 track in it.
    Mine was a 302 car but had a healthy cam and a 3x2 setup from a early Shelby(at least that is what my research showed and I had several others tell me that was correct) . I don't know how many people tried to buy that intake and carb setup from me.
    BTY nice car and a good find.:yesway:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Very cool! Always liked those way better than the Mustangs. When I was a "young boy", when I still played video games, I had a 67 Cougar in one of my favorite racing games. There were better cars, but I liked that one. Was white with a black top.

What engine that have in it?

I fell in love with Cougars while watching From Dusk Till Dawn.

This one has a 390 4v and a C6 trans.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I bought a 68 Cougar off a friend in 1979 and he had found a wrecked G car and put the hood piece and badges on the rear sail and in the interior. Not really a Ford guy but I liked the looks of the early Cougars. I really liked the dash layout and looks. Had mine at the 1980 street machine nationals in Indy and got to make a lap around the 500 track in it.
    Mine was a 302 car but had a healthy cam and a 3x2 setup from a early Shelby(at least that is what my research showed and I had several others tell me that was correct) . I don't know how many people tried to buy that intake and carb setup from me.
    BTY nice car and a good find.:yesway:

You should come to Dearborn next year for the 50th anniversary. There will be a lot of great Cougars there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom