• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's hard to tell in the pic, but it looks like that's real trim. Looks good on there, I'd paint that part between them white to add a little something to it. I don't particularly care for airbrushed trim, I appriciate the talent and skill involved, but it's not my thing.

We've learned lots the last couple years when it comes to cooling performance street cars. You've got plenty of underhood room in that truck so you should be fine, the 67 Fairlane 450 stroker we did was so tight and the electric fans did not cool it. Went to a flex fan which moved a ton of air.

The roadrunner we just finished is a strong but relatively mild 440, it runs a stock radiator with flex fan. It stays cool.

We work with a local radiator shop, they like to build really thick radiators, but we've found they don't always work well. You have to be able to pull air through them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks guys

I think the truck on velocity is sitting on bags. I'm betting when they start it up and actually drive it, it will be close to my ride height.

Question for Rusty:
    Does the chrome on the sides look air brushed?
    I have seen this done on Counts Kustoms before but wasn't a fan, but it looks pretty cool on the truck in the picture.

Questions for all:
    Also any suggestions on the Radiator?
    I have only had one Alum radiator and it was on a drag car. I did a great job but was only running for about 5-10 minutes at a time.

Anybody have suggestions for a street rod applications. I do plan on doing some parade driving, which is why I went with the electric 16" Spal fan and Alum high flow water pump.

Will three rows of 3/4" get the job done?

M<y 64 is near on the frame when at parade rest.
    Air it up and I put it where I want it.
    The slammed stance is for when you roll in, put it where you want it to be and set it on the ground.
    When you get it fired and ready to roll out, put it up hight enough to clear the transition to the street and roll off.

All for effect. Serves no other real world purpose. All for effect.

Best side shot I have. K-Frame is 2" off the deck on the roll back.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette

I didnt know this thread existed! Here are the two cars currently and forever taking up space in my garage. Camaro is currently down to the frame for much needed new everything. Truck runs and drives.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just spent the last 4 hours or so with Rick Nelson of Muscle Car Restoration and Design. The chief LS6 Chevelle expert around. Very good guy. He is in it for the cars, not the money or the fame. He said he believes the car is real. I learned lots about these cars. He even kinda liked me :nuts:. May have offered me a job, but I told him no amount of money could make me move to Illinois.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

I didnt know this thread existed! Here are the two cars currently and forever taking up space in my garage. Camaro is currently down to the frame for much needed new everything. Truck runs and drives.

Those are a couple of keepers V.

Glad you found the thread. Post up some pictures as you go through the rebuild of the Camaro.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got home and had to see if the old girl would run, not that I had any doubts. Pumped it about 15 times, cranked it, pumped it 5 more times and she started right up! Love this old girl, she is getting mighty cold though...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Saw a guy driving a rusty 71-72 c10 long bed today. Made me think I should have a rusty old 4x4 for winter driving. I've wanted a k5 blazer for a long time and that may be the perfect excuse. Can't happen this year, but maybe next year I'll look into that. Plenty of rusty old Chevys out there.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    What's the story on the camaro? Please tell me you're not changing he paint?

Car was painted in the mid 80s (at Ivy Tech) to look like a show car at the time. Has the factory 327 (shot) in it and is essentially as it came from the factory. I honestly dont know about the paint. Its not in my spectrum of interests but my Dad goes nuts everytime he sees it. The paint is in rough shape but for now the plan is to make it reliable and worry about paint last.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Car was painted in the mid 80s (at Ivy Tech) to look like a show car at the time. Has the factory 327 (shot) in it and is essentially as it came from the factory. I honestly dont know about the paint. Its not in my spectrum of interests but my Dad goes nuts everytime he sees it. The paint is in rough shape but for now the plan is to make it reliable and worry about paint last.

Plans for the drivetrain...???

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Plans for the drivetrain...???

I have a fresh 327 with solid heads and mild cam just taking up space right now. Car currently has a 3 speed and I would like to source a Muncie 4 speed for it before I put it back together. Still has a 10 bolt in it and would like to find a 12 bolt to drop some 4.11s in. Nothing too crazy yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a fresh 327 with solid heads and mild cam just taking up space right now. Car currently has a 3 speed and I would like to source a Muncie 4 speed for it before I put it back together. Still has a 10 bolt in it and would like to find a 12 bolt to drop some 4.11s in. Nothing too crazy yet.

The 10 bolt will hold the 327. I have done this many many times. The 4:10's might need a spacer depending on the carrier you have.
    Do the "C" clip eliminator and you should be just fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom