• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I dropped another $2,000 at the shop today so the parts can get ordered to get the 383 in the truck. :spend:

List includes:
    Ceramic coated headers
    distributor
    Alum water pump
    Mini starter
    manual Holley fuel pump
    Holley Ultra 750 carb with polished alum and Black Body
    Fuel log
    wires
    plugs
    Trans kick down cable
    carb spring kit and bracket for trans KD
    Good hoses
    and a bunch of other odd and ends.

I'm looking at a Champion Radiator from Dillon Radiator. I met him at the fall rod run in the Smokie Mountains this fall. Jason Dillon said he would give me show pricing when I got ready to order since he was sold out at the show.

I can get a 3 row alum for $250 and a 4 row for $300. Both have 3/4" rows
    A 16" Spal fan for $100
    185 degree wiring kit with module and wiring for $50
    Alum shroud for $65

I'm leaning towards the 3 row because of using the same u brackets that are in the truck

This is the look I'm going for on the truck. Mine is almost the same color but its not sitting on bags like the one in the picture.
    I want mine to sit with the rear tire opening to be level with the top of the rim and the front opening to be level with the top of the tire. We have a four inch drop on it now.

IMG_3222.jpg

This is mine without the motor in it and the 2" drop springs up front. The 2" drop spindles are in and the 4" drop rear springs. Once the motor is dropped in we will see if 2" is what we need. I want it level or just a little lower in the front.

IMG_9109.jpg

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I dropped another $2,000 at the shop today so the parts can get ordered to get the 383 in the truck. :spend:

List includes:
    Ceramic coated headers
    distributor
    Alum water pump
    Mini starter
    manual Holley fuel pump
    Fuel log
    wires
    plugs
    Trans kick down cable
    Good hoses

I'm looking at a Champion Radiator from Dillon Radiator. I met him at the fall rod run in the Smokie Mountains this fall. Jason Dillon said he would give me show pricing when I got ready to order since he was sold out at the show.

A 16" Spal fan for $100
    Alum shroud for $65

I'm leaning towards the 3 row because of using the same u brackets that are in the truck

This is the look I'm going for on the truck. Mine is almost the same color but its not sitting on bags like the one in the picture.
    I want mine to sit with the rear tire opening to be level with the top of the rim and the front opening to be level with the top of the tire. We have a four inch drop on it now.

View attachment 51814

This is mine without the motor in it and the 2" drop springs up front. The 2" drop spindles are in and the 4" drop rear springs. Once the motor is dropped in we will see if 2" is what we need. I want it level or just a little lower in the front.

View attachment 51817

You forgot the turbos.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

List includes:
    Ceramic coated headers
    distributor
    Alum water pump
    Mini starter
    manual Holley fuel pump
    Fuel log
    wires
    plugs
    Trans kick down cable
    Good hoses

A 16" Spal fan for $100
    Alum shroud for $65

View attachment 51814

View attachment 51817

This will be a seriously nice ride Glue man. But I would expect nothing less from you.....:)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The expert in the LS6 Chevelle world is traveling to our shop today. He will be looking over the chevelle to make sure it is genuine, that is the only way, without the documentation, to have it put on the LS6 registry. I am excited to meet him, but I've also dealt with these kinds of guys before and my experiences have not been great. The problem I have with this whole thing, they go out and look at one really good unrestored example and then compare all other cars to that one car. None of them were there when this particular car was built and I've seen them point out stuff that is wrong on a car, yet that car was born with that part...

This will be an exciting day. I hope to learn lots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The expert in the LS6 Chevelle world is traveling to our shop today. He will be looking over the chevelle to make sure it is genuine, that is the only way, without the documentation, to have it put on the LS6 registry. I am excited to meet him, but I've also dealt with these kinds of guys before and my experiences have not been great. The problem I have with this whole thing, they go out and look at one really good unrestored example and then compare all other cars to that one car. None of them were there when this particular car was built and I've seen them point out stuff that is wrong on a car, yet that car was born with that part...

This will be an exciting day. I hope to learn lots.

I went through this when I sold my W-30 442 (1970 full optioned car)
    The only thing missing was the rear trunk mounted wing. I offed the wing pretty fast when I bought the car new.
    The buyer brought in an expert to make sure it was the real deal.
    The expert and I ended up getting into a heated discussion over his credentials.
    I had modified the car with headers/distributor and coil etc but all the OEM parts were back on the car.
    The color had been changed from Dark Jade to a Malibu blue.
    He claimed I was pushing a clone.

I told the guy to leave along with the buyer. He bought the car anyway.

Damn I wish I still had that car. I have no pics of it either. The 1st "X" took everything. I mean "EVERYTHING"

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I went through this when I sold my W-30 442 (1970 full optioned car)
    The only thing missing was the rear trunk mounted wing. I offed the wing pretty fast when I bought the car new.
    The buyer brought in an expert to make sure it was the real deal.
    The expert and I ended up getting into a heated discussion over his credentials.
    I had modified the car with headers/distributor and coil etc but all the OEM parts were back on the car.
    The color had been changed from Dark Jade to a Malibu blue.
    He claimed I was pushing a clone.

I told the guy to leave along with the buyer. He bought the car anyway.

Damn I wish I still had that car. I have no pics of it either. The 1st "X" took everything. I mean "EVERYTHING"
    I love those cars so much. Especially in Dark Jade with the wing. ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is my dilemma with the 64.
    It is going into winter storage next week.
    I will finish building the drive train this winter.
    I have a full set of rally's for it.
    Pulling the fast bag air system off.
    Ditch the bags and go hydraulic. Sell rallies and buy 12" gold daytons. White walls will complete the look. Maybe airbrush a nekked lady on the trunk lid. Oh and don't forget the dangleballs hanging from the windshield since you ain't got no top.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditch the bags and go hydraulic. Sell rallies and buy 12" gold daytons. White walls will complete the look. Maybe airbrush a nekked lady on the trunk lid. Oh and don't forget the dangleballs hanging from the windshield since you ain't got no top.

If there are balls dangling they will be yours.......:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Glueman, I like your truck stance better than the other. But I am not into that totally slammed look. And I really like your wheels. That's going to be a nice truck!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    These days I could see leaving the wing just for value but I hate those ****ing things.
    I am a COPO looks kind of guy.
    Just what you need. Nothing more. Big power.

This is me. My favorite wheel is a set of steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps. On the right car, that is. Always loved the "delete" options where I could remove trim, stripes, radio, AC.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This will be a seriously nice ride Glue man. But I would expect nothing less from you.....:)

Glueman, I like your truck stance better than the other. But I am not into that totally slammed look. And I really like your wheels. That's going to be a nice truck!

Thanks guys

I think the truck on velocity is sitting on bags. I'm betting when they start it up and actually drive it, it will be close to my ride height.

Question for Rusty:
    Does the chrome on the sides look air brushed?
    I have seen this done on Counts Kustoms before but wasn't a fan, but it looks pretty cool on the truck in the picture.

Questions for all:
    Also any suggestions on the Radiator?
    I have only had one Alum radiator and it was on a drag car. I did a great job but was only running for about 5-10 minutes at a time.

Anybody have suggestions for a street rod applications. I do plan on doing some parade driving, which is why I went with the electric 16" Spal fan and Alum high flow water pump.

Will three rows of 3/4" get the job done?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom