• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well my fun fund took a big hit. My sister needed a car so I sold her my GTP for pennies. The world is full of cars but you only get one family. 'Tis the season right?
    I did that when my best bud took his caddy sailing in a deep puddle. I told him he could borrow the car for a couple weeks while I helped him look for a cheap beater. I ended up just selling him that Grand Prix, because I knew I could trust it. Then I daily drove our old 78 Chevy truck for a couple months while I tried to decide on a new daily...

I really like my little $500 s10. Works perfect for me and I like driving it. Can't even go back to the Mazda 3 anymore, don't like it...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CP, you see that new Mike Musto show on Motor Trend On Demand? The House of Muscle. I've always liked that guys videos, seems like a real guy who likes anything and not just high dollar builds. He showed his daily driver first gen Monte Carlo, just simple basic car, I immediately hit the CL looking for something similar.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah right up till it needs tires and brakes.........:faint:

The brakes would last the life of the truck. We routinely get 150-200k miles on out brakes and we are pulling 80,000+ pounds. Using the jake brake, I can not even touch the brakes when I'm empty.

I do know it would be expensive. Tires are $400 and up a piece. The engine hold 11 GALLONS of oil. An In-Frame engine rebuild is $16,000- $25,000.

But once it was all finished, it would last forever, even with all the burnouts I plan on doing.

[video=youtube_share;jd8qGnM5GDQ]http://youtu.be/jd8qGnM5GDQ[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The more I think about the perfect daily driver for myself. The more I want a first gen s10. After driving the 96 around for the past few months, they are about the perfect size for me as a daily. I much prefer the first gens though.

If I had the money, I'd buy this one. It's got the tiny v6, but I'd see a swap in its future.

1992 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab Truck - Original Owner

The jump seats in the back are cute! And optimistic! :laugh:

Km

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The more I think about the perfect daily driver for myself. The more I want a first gen s10. After driving the 96 around for the past few months, they are about the perfect size for me as a daily. I much prefer the first gens though.

If I had the money, I'd buy this one. It's got the tiny v6, but I'd see a swap in its future.

1992 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab Truck - Original Owner

About $1500 to much.
    Nice truck though

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    CP, you see that new Mike Musto show on Motor Trend On Demand? The House of Muscle. I've always liked that guys videos, seems like a real guy who likes anything and not just high dollar builds. He showed his daily driver first gen Monte Carlo, just simple basic car, I immediately hit the CL looking for something similar.

Mikes a good guy. I have spoke with him many times, but not since he moved from NYC. I have always liked how he drives his cars. Weather, he doesnt care. . a scratch, no big deal. Definitely does not keep them sitting on velvet pillows. I was always hoping someone would release a 1:18 scale replica of his 68 Charger after his time on Bull Run.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mikes a good guy. I have spoke with him many times, but not since he moved from NYC. I have always liked how he drives his cars. Weather, he doesnt care. . a scratch, no big deal. Definitely does not keep them sitting on velvet pillows. I was always hoping someone would release a 1:18 scale replica of his 68 Charger after his time on Bull Run.
    When I first saw his videos a couple years ago, I thought he was just a big dork. Then I looked at myself :):. He drives his cars the very same way I do. I just got back from a little drive and it felt really good. Actually started thinking maybe I need a set of winter tires for the ol beast. I do really like the way he has his 68 charger set up. I look forward to the day my lemans is set up the way I want it, for now though I am enjoying driving it as a work in progress. It's neat to see the difference all the changes make, have never done one this way before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom