Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was talking to my dad's neighbor today. He just started working for Lane Automotive in Michigan. They have always been a staple in circle track racing parts. Anways, he is part of a team working on getting Lane in the drag racing scene.

He's been a drag racer for many years and currently runs a rail dragster at US 131 Dragway in Martin, MI.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When men were men and sheep were nervous. Love these old cars, watching the torque of the engine while shifting is awesome.

[video=youtube;SgN1387v4sA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgN1387v4sA&feature=share[/video]

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Pretty well done with the paint on the old Buick. Started cleaning up the interior today, only found one dead mouse...

How far the paint came.

Got it outside today. Looks pretty good, pictures make it look better than it is. I'd drive it though.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I started to watch street outlaws but had to leave for work..recognized a couple ohio guys in the background was NMRA champ Phil Hines and Travis Esselman with his blue corvette. Taped it so I look forward to watching tomorrow. Both their cars are fast but Idk how they can fair on a street. Have raced against both of them a few times so I am interested to see how they do.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I started to watch street outlaws but had to leave for work..recognized a couple ohio guys in the background was NMRA champ Phil Hines and Travis Esselman with his blue corvette. Taped it so I look forward to watching tomorrow. Both their cars are fast but Idk how they can fair on a street. Have raced against both of them a few times so I am interested to see how they do.

I had to go to bed right before they started racing. I shoulf be able to finish it tonight.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That was entertaining. So Phil Hines didn't race, ok he was there as support. But I got a good laugh at watching Travis Esselman putter off the line and act like he didn't understand their staging process. That blue corvette used to be fuel injected on alcohol with like an 8.71 blower. We raced with him and he can be quite smug. When his car hooks and goes straight it is fast..faster now that he switched to the twin turbos.
    So one day during 2nd round qualifying he was sitting in the water box behind us and about half track we were skating around a little bit. But we were fast enough to be #2 qualifier. So he comes to our pit and says something like...man you should take take your car to a chassis shop and have it looked at. It was all over the place. My car goes so straight I could eat a cheeseburger going down track. So after he walked away we laughed and we won that night while he got put out first round. Good times. Last night was just embarrassing for him...he has been around long enough he shouldn't have had any issue staging/ building boost

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched him stage/launch 3 times. He was not building boost bumping in. Then cried like a baby.
    They gave him a second chance and he passed on it. The Murder Nova was hauling A$$.

Chief and the pink car were close. Pinky was hauling him in.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So how big of a dork am I? This panel below the window needed some paint before it starts to rust up again.... What better colors to put on it than the ol red white and blue? ;) This is why beaters are fun!

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I watched him stage/launch 3 times. He was not building boost bumping in. Then cried like a baby.
    They gave him a second chance and he passed on it. The Murder Nova was hauling A$$.

Chief and the pink car were close. Pinky was hauling him in.

CM,

Why did you get out of drag racing or at least stay in the motor sport field? I know you can build engines and a top notch race car.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom