Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Idk, CM.... This car is being built for the twisties, but it should hold its own in a straight line. This 400 is getting stroked, just gotta decide if I wanna go 433 and be able to rev it a little more or go 461.

Those heads will need a lot of work if you want to build more cubes and get the revs. They are corks. I have a couple of Tin Indian loving buddys and they gave up on the stock castings and went aluminum Edelbrocks.

I am just beating on you. But watch out................

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Everyone has different tastes, for me chrome in the right places makes the car, but then I'm from a different era.:fogey:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OK.......I see it now.......:):
    I'm well aware of the shortcomings of the Poncho, I hear it everyday as my "guy" is a BBC man. But damnit! I wanna be different!

This build will certainly be way more engine than the car needs for the type of driving I'll be doing, but if I'm already gonna be in there and it's not gonna cost that much more to stoke it, then why not?

Oh and one more thing, the Poncho stroker kits use a 454 Rod.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rusty. I'm with you, I don't like chrome on an engine...only thing I like chrome are wrenches, sockets etc. Now polished aluminum I can dig but my daddy always told me "son if ya can't make it a runner, chrome it."

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty. I'm with you, I don't like chrome on an engine...only thing I like chrome are wrenches, sockets etc. Now polished aluminum I can dig but my daddy always told me "son if ya can't make it a runner, chrome it."
    :): Some people dig the bling. More power to them. Everybody is different, that's what makes the world go round.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It depends on the engine for me. I like a Pontiac blue block with aluminum heads/intake topped with chrome covers. Just looks sexy to me. However on my old c10, I painted the whole thing orange, even the aluminum intake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm well aware of the shortcomings of the Poncho, I hear it everyday as my "guy" is a BBC man. But damnit! I wanna be different!

This build will certainly be way more engine than the car needs for the type of driving I'll be doing, but if I'm already gonna be in there and it's not gonna cost that much more to stoke it, then why not?

Oh and one more thing, the Poncho stroker kits use a 454 Rod.

Yeah my buddys 67 FireBird has a stroked out 455 in it. Unknown (or admitted to) C.I.s but it is a freaking torque monster. Only Dyno ran at this point but it made everyone in the room smile.

I have zero issues with Brand loyalty. Dare to be different. Want to be different.
    I saw what appeared to be a 32 3 window today with either a 348 or a 409 in it. The "W" heads were the give away.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Yeah my buddys 67 FireBird has a stroked out 455 in it. Unknown (or admitted to) C.I.s but it is a freaking torque monster. Only Dyno ran at this point but it made everyone in the room smile.

I have zero issues with Brand loyalty. Dare to be different. Want to be different.
    I saw what appeared to be a 32 3 window today with either a 348 or a 409 in it. The "W" heads were the give away.

I had 4 58 Chevys with The Original Rat Motor in them! My most favorite, Tan Bel Air with the 315HP & 456 Posi rear end. It was a GTO/442/Chrysler Killer Block to Block. It was a 3 speed car from the Factory, I put a BW T-10 4 Speed in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had 4 58 Chevys with The Original Rat Motor in them! My most favorite, Tan Bel Air with the 315HP & 456 Posi rear end. It was a GTO/442/Chrysler Killer Block to Block. It was a 3 speed car from the Factory, I put a BW T-10 4 Speed in it.

One of my Uncles on Dads side was a serious motor head. He had a 58 with the 348 Tri-power and a 4-Speed when I was a kid.
    2 door post car. Left nut car if you get my meaning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom