• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Forgot to post this yesterday. My cousin drew this up Friday night. We are convinced it needs to be built. Pretty damn badass, not many people use these Chevys for builders.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This just popped up on my feed.... I don't know him, but I've seen his truck everywhere... Scoop I was told, he worked for one of the bigger shops in town, they let him go because they found someone better. His parents then financed his new shop.... Gotta give the kid credit. I really should get to know him before I judge.

[video=youtube;BezhHlbUqTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BezhHlbUqTA&feature=share[/video]

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh boy. The old cars are so freaking cool and full of personality.
    I know! I've fallen in love with it. As I do with every car that comes in..... This guy will be getting my name and number when he leaves with it and a note that says if you ever want to sell it..... His grandfather drove it off the lot new and he's got no one to leave it to..

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is the engine news I got from my mechanic today

The news was bad enough, but the fact that my brother-in-law told me he just freshened the motor with new rod bearing, main bearings and new rings makes my blood boil.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to build the 300 hp 350 I have sitting in my garage or buy a GM performance crate motor.

IMG_3204.jpgIMG_3205.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3206.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the engine news I got from my mechanic today

The news was bad enough, but the fact that my brother-in-law told me he just freshened the motor with new rod bearing, main bearings and new rings makes my blood boil.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to build the 300 hp 350 I have sitting in my garage or buy a GM performance crate motor.

View attachment 51112View attachment 51113View attachment 51115View attachment 51114

I would start with kicking him in the nads.
    The 350 will have more torque down low.
    It will respond to a nice cam upgrade. I have a package I put on these that generates some very drivable H.P.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom