• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Continuing hilarity in the vette rebuild. Upper control arms and spindles done, springs, ball joints and other supporting items in hand. Spring compressors: Check.

Control arm mounting bolts nowhere to be found. What the heck...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No raccoons. I have a picture of my son taking them off like 2 years ago... He's pretty amused that they are missing.

Mislaid not missing.

I have 2 engines...1 12 bolt rear end and much of a 71 Buick riviera spread out in my shop.

Oh yeah, the power package for the 64 S/S as well. Things disappear and reappear as if by magic.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The new season of Street Outlaws starts tonight. Kinda interested in seeing who done what to their cars. Rumors have it Dominator went turbo. We know Chuck in the Death Trap was going big tire. And what happens to Big Cheif and his NHRA racing.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Mislaid not missing.

I have 2 engines...1 12 bolt rear end and much of a 71 Buick riviera spread out in my shop.

Oh yeah, the power package for the 64 S/S as well. Things disappear and reappear as if by magic.

Lmao. Yea we have that happen all the time. Used to we would take stuff apart and dad would put the small parts and put them "in a safe spot" they were safe because even he would forget where he put them..so we designated places for small parts storage. We have some engine parts of the bird spread over the bench, and parts and pieces for the Mustang sprread out all over the garage

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The new season of Street Outlaws starts tonight. Kinda interested in seeing who done what to their cars. Rumors have it Dominator went turbo. We know Chuck in the Death Trap was going big tire. And what happens to Big Cheif and his NHRA racing.

Chuck has been fighting the small tire war way to long.
    Nitrous is fast but not as reliable as a turbo at those levels.

Need to set the DVR for commercial free viewing.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

You have a few guys covered there. Dave is dumping nitrous and has a new 540ish inch engine with a pro charger (super charger) that made @2268hp on the dyno. Murder Nova had a bunch of chassis work done by Tim McAmis, Shane wrecked is vega and had un updated version built I think by Rick Jones. And yes your info on chuck and dominator are accurate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have a few guys covered there. Dave is dumping nitrous and has a new 540ish inch engine with a pro charger (super charger) that made @2268hp on the dyno. Murder Nova had a bunch of chassis work done by Tim McAmis, Shane wrecked is vega and had un updated version built I think by Rick Jones. And yes your info on chuck and dominator are accurate.

:yesway:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I did see that Derek (?) drove the silver 80's Camero totaled his car on the track this summer sometime, as did BoostedGT. Not sure if Boosteds car was totalled though.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I did see that Derek (?) drove the silver 80's Camero totaled his car on the track this summer sometime, as did BoostedGT. Not sure if Boosteds car was totalled though.

Yea I have no idea what Derek has been doing since his crash. But Boosted bought a big tire rolling chassis from Kayla's dad and had it up at TeamZ motorsports in Michigan getting it ready. With big wheel tubs he can run small tire races and swap for big tires for street/no prep stuff

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Chuck has been fighting the small tire war way to long.
    Nitrous is fast but not as reliable as a turbo at those levels.

Need to set the DVR for commercial free viewing.

Turbos are no doubt the way to go if you can afford it or a sponsor wants to give it to you. I run with some guys who have spent near 20k to put twins on their cars. Pro chargers are great but I know some guys have ditched them because they need rebuilt too much (ceramic bearing problems). Nitrous gets a bad rap because people often go too lean and and many people think there is some voodoo involved. But depending on how you tune it and apply it, you can run really really fast with it way cheaper than a turbo or supercharger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Boosted was struggling more than Chuck to get a purchase on some real estate.

Derek seemed like he was pushing the ragged edge on his chassis with more and more up front. Just an observation. There are limits that must be observed/respected.

Wonder if this work will bring Murder Nova back up front.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom