• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In Cletus' latest video, he said IRP, I mean Lucas Oil Raceway is pouring a burnout pad specifically for their event. Last year it was.om the front straight of the oval. Being asphalt, there were to be no standing burnouts as it would damage the track surface.

Should be interesting.
    The new burnout pad being poured is located on the west side of the drag strip between the track and return road pretty well centered in front of the grandstands. I've seen some pictures of the construction.
    They've also put up new score boards on the strip

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The new burnout pad being poured is located on the west side of the drag strip between the track and return road pretty well centered in front of the grandstands. I've seen some pictures of the construction.
    They've also put up new score boards on the strip

Pretty cool that IRP is pouring that pad for Cleetus. Crazy to think that a place with such prestige is doing it for a YouTuber.

To be fair, I would guess that other than the US Nationals, it’s probably one of their largest attended events of the year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty cool that IRP is pouring that pad for Cleetus. Crazy to think that a place with such prestige is doing it for a YouTuber.

To be fair, I would guess that other than the US Nationals, it’s probably one of their largest attended events of the year.
    It is especially since the Speedway stole the NASCAR race from them and completely ruined it for the spectator.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yeah I guess last year they had people lined up for a couple hours trying to get in there. They are working hard to draw people in.
    I wish they would bring back a monthly deal like they had in 2011. For that deal they had heads up drag racing and some index classes, they set up highway barriers to create a drifting track, someone brought in a portable chassis dyno, bikini contest, live radio broadcast (not sure who), and had draft beer cheap. I thought they had good turn outs for it. Only downside in my opinion is it was on Friday nights. But man there were a lot of people there

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah I guess last year they had people lined up for a couple hours trying to get in there. They are working hard to draw people in.
    That was us. They said gates opened at noon. We waited about two or two and a half hours to get into the facility and park then to get into the gate.

We will be planning a much earlier departure time this year.

Looks like the parking lot opens at 9:00 this year.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Price is a little high but someone is definitely on the right track with this.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Price is a little high but someone is definitely on the right track with this.

Depends on how much hail damage. If the trunk and hood are new to the car I imagine the top took a hit. The rest looks great but she is up in the tail to much for the mouse. I weas smitten with the pic showing 3 peddles.
    Hey, I am weak OK....:):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Depends on how much hail damage. If the trunk and hood are new to the car I imagine the top took a hit. The rest looks great but she is up in the tail to much for the mouse. I weas smitten with the pic showing 3 peddles.
    Hey, I am weak OK....:):
    Yeah definitely looks like it's waiting to give up dat booty! I knew that extra peddle would catch your attention though.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012