• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure this isn't the newest version but I think you can see why I say it looks so good. This one belongs to Jim Widener/Tony Bischoff. Big cubic inches and multiple nitrous kits for power. Screenshot_20220328-155817.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even I admit those newer models have some serious good looks. The drag racer in me really likes the stretched pro mod body version.
    I got lost in the new body’s.
    Way to much battle star Galactica body lines. Just sooooo damned busy. Hard on my eyes but I am positive every curve channel and such has an aero advantage knowing GM. I am just too old school.
    Now I don’t hate them as like the newer Mustangs they are growing on me.

What I really like is the mid engine placement and flat crank engineering. That’s bitchen.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got lost in the new body’s.
    Way to much battle star Galactica body lines. Just sooooo damned busy. Hard on my eyes but I am positive every curve channel and such has an aero advantage knowing GM. I am just too old school.
    Now I don’t hate them as like the newer Mustangs they are growing on me.

What I really like is the mid engine placement and flat crank engineering. That’s bitchen.
    Yeah seems to me a lot of newer cars have too many busy body lines. I agree, I like a clean smooth, semi rounded or flowing body style.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Cletus' recent video on Mullets engine issue, he stated that they will be going with Steve Morrison big block power soon.

A lot of people were hating in the comments when he first put the LS in Mullet instead of going straight to an SMX or whatever. People gotta realize, his job is making content. Going in stages is good for his channel.

Same with Leroy, people have been harping on him for years to ditch the transaxle. If he would’ve done that right out of the gate, he would’ve missed out on years of Corvette specific content and showcasing what it’s capable of (yes you can take a manual transaxle IRS car into the 7’s).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Depending on the weather, I'm thinking about coming up to the Indy area this weekend and perusing some of the salvage yards looking for stuff for the Jeep. Do any of you folks have any recommendations of where to go? I'm looking at Pull-a-Part on Villa Ave and Producers lane and the U-Pull on W 16th street.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Depending on the weather, I'm thinking about coming up to the Indy area this weekend and perusing some of the salvage yards looking for stuff for the Jeep. Do any of you folks have any recommendations of where to go? I'm looking at Pull-a-Part on Villa Ave and Producers lane and the U-Pull on W 16th street.
    I can't speak for what they may have in stock on the yard. But the pull a part on producers lane is just minutes from where I live and based on my limited experience, they are pretty well organized for a salvage yard. Not like some of the old yards where you had to just wander around looking for a particular type of vehicle in the mud. The lot is gravel and all the vehicles are off the ground.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can't speak for what they may have in stock on the yard. But the pull a part on producers lane is just minutes from where I live and based on my limited experience, they are pretty well organized for a salvage yard. Not like some of the old yards where you had to just wander around looking for a particular type of vehicle in the mud. The lot is gravel and all the vehicles are off the ground.
    So, if I find something and didn't bring the right tools, call you?:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of people were hating in the comments when he first put the LS in Mullet instead of going straight to an SMX or whatever. People gotta realize, his job is making content. Going in stages is good for his channel.

Same with Leroy, people have been harping on him for years to ditch the transaxle. If he would’ve done that right out of the gate, he would’ve missed out on years of Corvette specific content and showcasing what it’s capable of (yes you can take a manual transaxle IRS car into the 7’s).
    People love spending other people's money.
    Have you priced anything from SMX

Top Bottom