• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Working away on the 350 Poncho. Have all the head parts now, had to order Chevy rocker studs and adjusting hardware. Pulled a main and rod cap, bearings look ok. Gonna run them. Pulled cam today, those bearings are coming apart. New ones on the way. Hoping to be driving end of this month with new engine and trans!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Working away on the 350 Poncho. Have all the head parts now, had to order Chevy rocker studs and adjusting hardware. Pulled a main and rod cap, bearings look ok. Gonna run them. Pulled cam today, those bearings are coming apart. New ones on the way. Hoping to be driving end of this month with new engine and trans!

That will be such a hoot. What kind of power are you expecting realistically.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That will be such a hoot. What kind of power are you expecting realistically.
    A 350 4 barrel in 1974 made 200hp and 295tq. I’m expecting about that or a little more. I have no idea how it’s gonna run with the cam selection and 7.6:1 compression... The 5 speed and 4.11 will make it fun. Don’t fear the gear! Haha! My goal is to find some better heads with more squeeze later this year and swap them next winter. Then it should be a riot. If I get it close to 350 HO specs, it’ll hold its own with much bigger engines.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A 350 4 barrel in 1974 made 200hp and 295tq. I’m expecting about that or a little more. I have no idea how it’s gonna run with the cam selection and 7.6:1 compression... The 5 speed and 4.11 will make it fun. Don’t fear the gear! Haha! My goal is to find some better heads with more squeeze later this year and swap them next winter. Then it should be a riot. If I get it close to 350 HO specs, it’ll hold its own with much bigger engines.

7.6:1 cr. That's perfect for some BOOST!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom