• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So drag cross is a hoot. We have a full sportsman tree. A left course and a right course. Each "pass" is actually a combination of one run on each course. There's a shootout with the top 16 cars, a trophy fpr lowest ET etc. It's straight up, head to head. It's a great time. I just don't trust the truck for something that "rigorous" just yet. I will be up Sunday for the normal event.

here's a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zrNldzE0g

O.k. so it sounds a lot like Pro Solo although PS sticks to a classing structure. I've so got to get my car back on the track. . . . . So many distractions, so little money!:laugh: I did sell my bike the other day so that'll be one less distraction although it didn't cost me any money.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Lot of work done today. Went back to the 2” spacers up front. Installed a new fuel filter, tracked down multiple coolant leaks, greased the entire front end. Figured out why the rear end felt so weird. Apparently one tire at 40 and one at 22 with a locker will do that. All ready for tomorrow’s first event.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lot of work done today. Went back to the 2” spacers up front. Installed a new fuel filter, tracked down multiple coolant leaks, greased the entire front end. Figured out why the rear end felt so weird. Apparently one tire at 40 and one at 22 with a locker will do that. All ready for tomorrow’s first event.

Lockers are pretty inconsiderate that way.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Awesome!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah but once you learn to drive them. . . . .DAYUM!

I "might" drive up to Grissom tomorrow, if I do I'll look up a pickup driving gun nut and stop and say hi!:ingo:

I'll be there early, might or might not be there all day. She'll be all stickered up:

30724989_10213876179311674_6637762634498008478_n.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Not too bad. But I would have to point out a few things. First LDR class is limited drag radial which is a heads up class. So with a full on racecar with 580+ cuin why does it only have 3:83 gears? It weighs 2910 and sixty foots 1.18 but only runs 5.16@134 mph...put some dang gear in the car and let her eat son!
    At that weight and with 1.18 short times it should be running down in the high 4.70s and on a good radial prep track maybe 4.60s.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not too bad. But I would have to point out a few things. First LDR class is limited drag radial which is a heads up class. So with a full on racecar with 580+ cuin why does it only have 3:83 gears? It weighs 2910 and sixty foots 1.18 but only runs 5.16@134 mph...put some dang gear in the car and let her eat son!
    At that weight and with 1.18 short times it should be running down in the high 4.70s and on a good radial prep track maybe 4.60s.

That gear lets him get out I can only assume.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That gear lets him get out I can only assume.

Well with the LDR legal drag radials only being a 315/60 series tire it's not very big so he would need to play with the shocks and progressive controller to make it get off the line..which it does fairly well with a 1.18. But the short tire doesn't help the mph at at all. The guys I know that play in LDR run 4:30, 4:56, 4:86 gears. I would think a 4:? gear would help it get into/stay in the power band and run a better number and mph.
    That car has some good potential with a little bit of work to run 4.70s like a bracket car. Really its not a bad piece

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well with the LDR legal drag radials only being a 315/60 series tire it's not very big so he would need to play with the shocks and progressive controller to make it get off the line..which it does fairly well with a 1.18. But the short tire doesn't help the mph at at all. The guys I know that play in LDR run 4:30, 4:56, 4:86 gears. I would think a 4:? gear would help it get into/stay in the power band and run a better number and mph.
    That car has some good potential with a little bit of work to run 4.70s like a bracket car. Really its not a bad piece

I can see that is has a lot of potential. Try and build the drive train for the asking price..Nope.

If I was in the market to go racing I would snatch that up, gear it up, put some slicks on it and go back to supper-Pro. We did OK with our a cross over box.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I can see that is has a lot of potential. Try and build the drive train for the asking price..Nope.

If I was in the market to go racing I would snatch that up, gear it up, put some slicks on it and go back to supper-Pro. We did OK with our a cross over box.

That’s what I’m saying. There’s probly almost $20k in just the engine. Somebody who’s looking for a turnkey racer. That’s a deal right there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom