• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I've been putting it off for 3 weeks, guess I've run out of excuses so it's time to go change the water pump on the BMW. Can't decide if I want to do it right; pull the intake and replace the valley pan gasket that is seeping anti-freeze ever so slightly AND change the valve cover gaskets that are also seeping, oil in this case, ever so slightly or just get it back on the road.

Since the valve covers and intake require much the same work to accomplish either and I HAVE to do the water pump the most efficient way would be to do them all now. But I'm not feeling particularly "efficient" right now!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And it’ll save me a couple bucks in machining costs because I’ll have to keep the stock deck height to maintain a pump gas friendly compression ratio.

Perfect.
    And as to the match yes, you will about break even on costs of rebuilding the stock heads as those newer club looking exhaust valves would need to go. The total costs may not meet the price of the head but it would be very close depending on the condition of the valve guides/seats.

We will strip these when you get them and have a look..:)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Sigh...so frustrating.....

Was going to change the oil in the minivan tonight. Oil plug was RIDICULOUSLY tight. Like insane tight. Aaaaaand it rounded off. I guess that’s what I get for having someone else change my oil. :xmad:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Perfect.
    And as to the match yes, you will about break even on costs of rebuilding the stock heads as those newer club looking exhaust valves would need to go. The total costs may not meet the price of the head but it would be very close depending on the condition of the valve guides/seats.

We will strip these when you get them and have a look..:)

I’d rather spend just a little more coin and get a MUCH better head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom