Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Off to crown point this morning to meet the BigRetic and pick up the small block chev. he posted the pic of.
    Made the turn around and got the little jewel in the shop. CP was all giggity so we tore (he mainly) it down.
    It is seriously clean inside. It has all the ear marks of a re-build. Rods are numbered (punch marks) and there are a few new Exhaust valves in the heads. You can eat off the lifter valley. Rod journals are +10/mains are standard/bore is roughly 4.004 with verns.
    This was a serious deal. We could have put a "Q" jet and a distributor on it and it would have ran.
    "Winner"

Good help is hard to find...
    kmBR1Fe.jpg

Seriously hard to find axctually...:)
    7pNQolo.jpg

Getting there....
    A9BP9e5.jpg

Clean in the valley and the heads. It was not driven hard after the rebuild. To much carbon.
    W3Kdjei.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    CP - looks like a great score. So what are the plans for this engine bulid? Heck you could just swap it out for that other sbc on the stand in that top pic. CM seems to be a nice enough guy, I'm sure he wouldn't mind helpin a guy out

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM - do my eyes deceive me or do you have a carpeted garage floor?

Yes. I do.
    I have friends in all walks of life. A few are in Apt maint. Sometimes they have huge pieces that go unused or have been pulled from large meeting rooms etc.
    I get these and cover the floor. Makes it so much warmer in the winter and the stereo sounds much better.

I am due up for something new this spring. I need to see whats available...:):

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Man, what a day. Huge thanks to Churchmouse for providing the transportation and garage space for the day. Began as a really good day picking up a project engine. Ended up doing something I’ve always wanted to do, disassembling a complete engine. I’ve seen it many times on Roadkill and YouTube. It’s way more fun in person. Came apart real easy. Harmonic balancer was the only thing that put up a fight. It was so ridiculously clean on the inside, I almost felt bad tearing it down. Almost :):

Hopefully this week we’ll see what Mr. MachineShop says about the costs of prepping it for the new rotating assembly. Should be a fun little thumper when it’s all buttoned up. Gotta make some decisions about heads and whatnot. We’ll see what happens. Again big thanks to CM. It’s good to have people in your life that are that old. :cool:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    CP - looks like a great score. So what are the plans for this engine bulid? Heck you could just swap it out for that other sbc on the stand in that top pic. CM seems to be a nice enough guy, I'm sure he wouldn't mind helpin a guy out

Pillage CM’s multiple sheds full of automotive treasures and bolt together a 383. Not a crazy race 383, more of a torquey, street oriented 383.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom