Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For the record, I haven't watched it yet. Just embedded it. I'll report back when I do. But just looking at the video above, I'm going to have to watch it on the TV and not my dang phone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    https://youtu.be/IXvVCdjcwrA

Car people of INGO this is what I am trying to avoid.
    Of course I have more dragstrip experience than this dude.
    He let's the mustang jump him?
    The cars have a hard midrange hit.

1st....it was a seriously **** poor burn out.
    2nd....he did not know what he was doing. Do a decent BO.....put it in the lights before the tires loose all the heat you just put in them.
    3rd....Drive the car.

He did none of the above very well. He did not "Let" the horse jump him he was not aware of what was actually going on. Then he stabbed to throttle and gave chase. Make as many test passes as needed to learn the car/track. 1st pass get the BO/staging process down correctly. make a short hop out of the gate and then just drive it down. Get faster on everything as you go. When you get all of the steps in order....on time....then stand on it. If it shots through the tires then lift.

Put some street radials or a set of Mickey's on a spare set of rims. I would run the mickey's. You can play with tire pressures and get the car to launch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have posted this before but this is a good example of what a good set of Mickeys (Non-radial) tires will do for you. They will set down and move the car out nicely.
    I ran 10#s of air in these and had to run the pressure back up if I drive it to the track (seldom but street car nights yes) and I did put a lot of miles on it on the street on that series tire.

K6IdBjo.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know but damn that guy can drive.

And he is "Slinging" 1400 Pony's around like nothing.
    I have been to the peak more than once. Good friends build for regulars that run the hill and they live in Black Forrest close by. I have driven up and down the hill but not any where near that manner. That place will take the starch out of your shorts. The drops are sheer. The terrain deadly.
    I would like to see what kind of actual times that car/driver combo would turn in.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A little more on my Galaxie cross; I pulled the vac hose off of the distributor and total advance topped out at 36 degrees as desired so the vac is causing the issue. This particular distributor is "supposed" to only allow 10 of vac advance and total mechanical up to 36 degrees. Reality was 55 total from an initial of 15 so the fix for the time being is to just leave the vac disconnected. On to the next step!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A little more on my Galaxie cross; I pulled the vac hose off of the distributor and total advance topped out at 36 degrees as desired so the vac is causing the issue. This particular distributor is "supposed" to only allow 10 of vac advance and total mechanical up to 36 degrees. Reality was 55 total from an initial of 15 so the fix for the time being is to just leave the vac disconnected. On to the next step!

Another check on the list.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Sounds like you're having all the fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I managed to manipulate my funds a bit and move some thing I no longer need so I can take my Transmission out to my guy.
    I had parts and pieces that if kept might spark another project. Friends in need so here you go. I am 3/4s there. Trans is covered now I need to decide lock up converter or not. And what Stall speed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom