Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "A 20 foot paint job" wires hanging on the floor and can't make up his mind which hood scoop he wanted for HOW MUCH????:scratch:

That wiring should never pass tech at any track.
    At least he was honest about the paint.
    Puke orange blower and are those heads painted silver...???

The roll bar is OK. Legal to 9.90 by the looks of it.
    No rust is a plus and the hood is easily dealt with.

But the wiring.................:runaway:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Nope. Looked for a while. The 2 I found in the yard 1 had a busted case from the collision the truck was in and the other had some serious internal damage.
    My guy says he can build the 60E to hold 700 HP. He builds a lot of the local racers (street and strip) tranny's so I will be OK with the one I have.

A tranny guy should know better than to quote HP. A tranny sees torque, not HP.

Also, be careful with lockups. Stomping a stout engine and blowing through the lock up clutch will make for a very bad day.

Personally, I'm a PowerGlide-with-efficient-converter kinda guy.

If I wanted a bomb proof streetable setup, I'd get a Lenco with as many gears as I could fit/afford. No slip, easy to drive once you get used to it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Also, be careful with lockups. Stomping a stout engine and blowing through the lock up clutch will make for a very bad day.

If I wanted a bomb proof streetable setup, I'd get a Lenco with as many gears as I could fit/afford. No slip, easy to drive once you get used to it.

If you'd been paying attention you'd know that CM absolutely ABHORS 3 peddle cars! Sheesh!:stickpoke::laugh:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That wiring should never pass tech at any track.
    At least he was honest about the paint.
    Puke orange blower and are those heads painted silver...???

The roll bar is OK. Legal to 9.90 by the looks of it.
    No rust is a plus and the hood is easily dealt with.

But the wiring.................:runaway:

I agree that wiring his horrible. But sadly I have seen far too many cars with cobbled up wiring. And yes it looks like iron head painted silver to look like aluminum.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yeah a trans sees torgue, but you can generally associate an amout of torque to a HP range. Heck all the major trans shop do it.

I will agree though with being a powerglide (or Turbo 400) with a good converter guy too. But the key is stay away from stock 'glide stuff & it will hamdle big HP/ a metric crap ton of torque

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rumor has it that CM never has had a manual?

Rumors are wrong....:cool:

I absolutely hate P-Glides.
    Strong....yes. No question.
    Faster.....sometimes in a big block drag car.
    Boring....you betcha. Boring.
    For the street....no way man. No way.
    I am not really in tune with the OD style trans but I want it so I can have the cruise-ability. (is that a real word)
    I had T-400's in my last drag cars. Mainly for the 60 ft. numbers. Yes the glide kept the engine in the power band longer. Bleh. Uck. I want the front wheels up controllably and the car moving out smartly. Driving a glide car does not afford this "Pleasure". More gears. Always more gears.

Lenco.....If I was putting all this in a street monster hell yes. I would have left the big domes in it and ran the oxygenated fuel. But this is a 64 Impala SS convertible. Cruiser. With 475 HP and nitrous but a cruiser...:):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can appreciate your love for rowing gears especially for a street cruiser or burning up country roads. The older I get the less desire I have for banging gears on city streets going stop light to stop light. But as for Glides and T400s being boring..well that is on a sliding scale. Running 0-155+, running 4.60s in the 1/8th mile just manually shifting once can get pretty sporty.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can appreciate your love for rowing gears especially for a street cruiser or burning up country roads. The older I get the less desire I have for banging gears on city streets going stop light to stop light. But as for Glides and T400s being boring..well that is on a sliding scale. Running 0-155+, running 4.60s in the 1/8th mile just manually shifting once can get pretty sporty.

I lean towards the T-400 over the glide. maybe i did not clarify my preference.
    Like I said....big block "Fast" drag car is Glide territory. Just the best way. Especially your car. Mine was manageable with the 400.
    When my son took over the pilot's seat in the Camaro He unhooked the noid. I protested but he grew up with 3 peddle and automatic street cars and preferred the 3 peddle cars. He opted to manually shift the car. He did pretty well at it but soon learned that a lot happens in 6 seconds and bracket racing requires some attention to the other lane. Once I "Made" him start using the noid again he had time to orient himself. Shifting 2 times in less than 5 seconds (1 time with a glide) was just a lot more fun. And it was a challenge to get the car launched.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ah gotchya loud & clear CM. And 100% agree.
    Although in the last couple years more people are going toward the T400. Because there's more gear options available for it as compared to the glide.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah gotchya loud & clear CM. And 100% agree.
    Although in the last couple years more people are going toward the T400. Because there's more gear options available for it as compared to the glide.

The Glide has made and left its mark. It is just not for me. I have piloted more than a few Glides and they are just....well.....Bleh.
    They are more easily made consistent and yes they will take monster power.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I raced with Ryan Falconer. He built the engines for the GMGoodwrench Corvette that ran GT Prototype. The engine in the link started out as an elongated Small block chev. but has morphed well past that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...12.php&usg=AFQjCNGdHFN67oe6CTGj1CIXqzvdlA-WXw

If you look through these pics I am in a few of them. I was there whenever both cars ran. I crewed on the 22 car. I managed the engine on it under Ryan tutelage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hen...X&ved=0ahUKEwiFh6eamcvWAhWpq1QKHefoB2IQsAQIMQ

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I raced with Ryan Falconer. He built the engines for the GMGoodwrench Corvette that ran GT Prototype. The engine in the link started out as an elongated Small block chev. but has morphed well past that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...12.php&usg=AFQjCNGdHFN67oe6CTGj1CIXqzvdlA-WXw

If you look through these pics I am in a few of them. I was there whenever both cars ran. I crewed on the 22 car. I managed the engine on it under Ryan tutelage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hen...X&ved=0ahUKEwiFh6eamcvWAhWpq1QKHefoB2IQsAQIMQ

boy you have had you fingers in almost everything.....:thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    boy you have had you fingers in almost everything.....:thumbsup:

Life is short and opportunity's will slip away if you do not grab them as they pass by. The friend I bought my house from was on that team. He and I ran a USAC midget together for about 3 years. He suggested I talk to Ken House about helping out on the team. I already had several years at Indy under my belt and knew my way around a race car. That was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Life is short and opportunity's will slip away if you do not grab them as they pass by. The friend I bought my house from was on that team. He and I ran a USAC midget together for about 3 years. He suggested I talk to Ken House about helping out on the team. I already had several years at Indy under my belt and knew my way around a race car. That was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

i'm sure it was.......you have lived a very interesting life......i bet seating with you pounding some barley pops you could tell some great story's....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom