Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ahwe shucks surely there's enough there to just cut out the bad part and scotch lock in some new wire and done. No need for relays, just need a switch and maybe an inline fuse. <- probably should be purple...but I have seen it done. Lol

Dead enders can be some of the worst wiring people on the planet. I have seen some spaghetti messes in some cars that should not make it through tech.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I wish I'd gotten some pics of the wiring under the dash on the truck before I yanked it. I swear there were 5 lbs of wires that went no where. Some still attached to the fuse box. I had an 8" section of wire with 5 butt connectors in a row with 3 colors of wire, there were two twisted together and had scotch tape on them and about a dozen scotch locks scattered through out. It was ugly.

Last suspension pieces made it yesterday. Now to get the physical bodies over to remove the bed so I can start work on hte rear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wish I'd gotten some pics of the wiring under the dash on the truck before I yanked it. I swear there were 5 lbs of wires that went no where. Some still attached to the fuse box. I had an 8" section of wire with 5 butt connectors in a row with 3 colors of wire, there were two twisted together and had scotch tape on them and about a dozen scotch locks scattered through out. It was ugly.

Last suspension pieces made it yesterday. Now to get the physical bodies over to remove the bed so I can start work on hte rear.

Wiring was and is my Forte. From Indy/SCCA/NHRA.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've actually worked on the racecar 2 nights in a row now!:rockwoot: That's twice as much as I've worked on it in the past 5 years, hopefully I can keep this up for awhile and actual be driving it under it's own power next spring!!!

Three Days In A Row!!:faint: I've actually opened boxes of parts that had invoices dated 2012! This thing may actually move under it's own power by next spring! The seat mount is essentially done and I got the conversion steering box installed, now I need to figure out how to install the steering quickener good and solid then it's on to the pedals!!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Three Days In A Row!!:faint: I've actually opened boxes of parts that had invoices dated 2012! This thing may actually move under it's own power by next spring! The seat mount is essentially done and I got the conversion steering box installed, now I need to figure out how to install the steering quickener good and solid then it's on to the pedals!!

Nice. Keep making progress and you will reachvthe goal of having a running & driving racecar.

Now, I need to piggyback on your motivation and get back to work on the Mustang. It has been screaming for attention and I really need to make some progress on it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom