• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hey Ark.
    I'm sitting way back and pondering the petro$ agreement made with the Saudis half a century ago. It's been the operative foundation of our involvement and of the cooperation between us, the Israelis and the Saudis. It appears to me that after decades of pushing for it the Israelis want the US to finally wail the tar out of Iran. I might even be tempted to add "while we still can". To all appearances perhaps their agents of influence include the president's daughter and her husband. Not to mention the multitude of war lovers and zionists orbiting about the oval office. Anybody could argue the good or bad points of the arrangement but the existing conditions, the outcome this is intended to lead us to and the players trying to modify it are what I've been entertaining myself with. It sure is a humdinger of a show. Like they used to yell in the stands at the Cotton Bowl when Tom Landry was pacing the side line in that stingy brimmed hat, "You can't tell the players without your program!"

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Who is to say that mines and rockets/missiles can't be used together, perhaps to fuel the very confusion we are seeing?

True... a possibility... and IMO a likelihood... one of the mines was a dude so they fired a missile because 3 hours after the first explosion (a mine), the ship was still maneuvering. It was only the second attack that the crew reported seeing a flying object.

After the first, "our crew members made evasive manoeuvres but three hours later it was hit again," he said Thursday.

On Friday he said he did not yet have information about the nature of the first attack on the tanker.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/cre...ore-attack-company-head-yutaka-katada-2053124

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-na...-iranian-missile-over-strait-of-hormuz-source

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg

Well, that's a pretty serious escalation. I'd recommend an operation to take down an Iranian figher jet...yes, manned, to make their forces a little nervous about engaging the US or even coming near. Then again, maybe the more appropriate response would be an attack on their missile batteries near the strait. Either way, they need to pay a price for that act. No response would just embolden them, which is what is where they are headed right now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that's a pretty serious escalation. I'd recommend an operation to take down an Iranian figher jet...yes, manned, to make their forces a little nervous about engaging the US or even coming near. Then again, maybe the more appropriate response would be an attack on their missile batteries near the strait. Either way, they need to pay a price for that act. No response would just embolden them, which is what is where they are headed right now.

No, we shouldn't be killing people yet, at least not intentionally. I think an appropriate response is what you said as your second option: take out a battery. Nevertheless, that's a provocation that needs to be addressed with something getting blown the **** up.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    No, we shouldn't be killing people yet, at least not intentionally. I think an appropriate response is what you said as your second option: take out a battery. Nevertheless, that's a provocation that needs to be addressed with something getting blown the **** up.

So, you suggest the killing of MANY people at the missile battery rather than one or two pilots? There is virtually no way that an attack on a missile battery would not cause "killing peopke".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, you suggest the killing of MANY people at the missile battery rather than one or two pilots? There is virtually no way that an attack on a missile battery would not cause "killing peopke".

Pretty sure we typically warn ahead of time. There won't be anyone near it if we destroy it.

And I'm sure they're expecting some form of retaliation.

I just have no clue why they're pushing so hard for war with us. I don't see it as a fight they can win, unless they benefit somehow.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If pilots are engaging things outside of their territory, then sure they can catch a sidewinder up the tailpipe too, but as far as I know they haven't. The people working the battery? Well, obviously they are firing on things they shouldn't, so they have accepted the risks.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pretty sure we typically warn ahead of time. There won't be anyone near it if we destroy it.

And I'm sure they're expecting some form of retaliation.

I just have no clue why they're pushing so hard for war with us. I don't see it as a fight they can win, unless they benefit somehow.

At this point, they don't think Trump will do anything. He called the tanker attacks "minor" as justification for not doing anything.

They see an opportunity to get out from under whatever pressure we've been able to apply historically.

So, they can assert a much regional domination as they want, or at least creep towards that end-state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Could possibly be that the US is trying to build a case if the pattern continues by employing a passive response at this time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Could possibly be that the US is trying to build a case by a passive response at this time.

Is that what you'd call it? I'd call it something else. While I'm not a warhawk, and certainly not in the Bolton camp, downing US military equipment in international airspace, should require a firm military response.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Could possibly be that the US is trying to build a case by a passive response at this time.

4d chess?

What case? Iran and DOD agree that Iran shot down one of our assets. Lines on water are involved, which makes it tricky, but we've done this before.

At least they won't be able to turn it into a museum like the Pueblo.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    4d chess?

What case? Iran and DOD agree that Iran shot down one of our assets. Lines on water are involved, which makes it tricky, but we've done this before.

At least they won't be able to turn it into a museum like the Pueblo.
    I edited my original post while while you were posting to include making a case by “establishing a pattern” to justify further action down the road.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I edited my original post while while you were posting to include making a case by “establishing a pattern” to justify further action down the road.

Ah, right.

To me, that goes to the scale of the response. If they want to justify strikes all along the Iranian coastline to take out these fast attack boats and SAM sites, then ok - yeah - let's show a pattern.

A measured response of taking out the SAM site responsible for downing the drone, that doesn't require a pattern. Quid pro quo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump tweets that "Iran made a very big mistake!"

A meeting will be held at the White House this morning to discuss the US response, two admin officials say.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump tweets that "Iran made a very big mistake!"

A meeting will be held at the White House this morning to discuss the US response, two admin officials say.

Iran maybe wanting a regional conflict to erupt, counting on the United States not having the stomach to get involved.

Top Bottom