• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Idk but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the notion of Iran being characterized as reasonable state actors.

A reasonable state actor does not mean it is a "just" nor "honorable" not "trustworthy" actor. It only means that it does not act in ways that should threaten it's continued existence, in comparison to the whole of other nations.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I believe I've said it before, and usually stand alone on my island in my bunker with this issue but,...

Iran is a sovereign nation that is recognized by the other nations of this earth. They have an equal claim to put any and all weapons into their arsenal as every other nation on earth may have access to. If France has nuclear weapons so too should Iran. If Russia has chemical weapons so too should Iran.

That said, IF we want to talk about all nations on earth agreeing to ban a certain types of weapon for the good of humanity, that is another discussion, but one I could get behind. Until then, if WE can have it then THEY can have it.

JMO.

Regards,

Doug
    Well I believe in killing people who say they want to kill you before they can kill you.
    Turn Iran into a parking lot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sometime libertarinism seems to be libertarianism at the cost of all libertarians lives...because, you know, libertarian purity and what not.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Nuclear North Korea doesn't really seem to be a problem.

Nuclear Iran will not be a problem.

Nuclear Russia is not a problem.

Nuclear China, Pakistan, India, Great Britain, France Israel, South Africa.... is not a problem.

Stop buying into all the political BS! No country or it's leadership is suicidal. They only want power! Figure it out.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Of all the nations and empires whose actions led to their demise, which ones did what was best for their continued existence?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, assuming you don't hew to unlikely conspiracy theories like "the Israelis did it to disrupt support for Iran/prompt an attack on Iran", you're left with a pretty short list of suspects; with Iran, the Houthis (which is for all intents and purposes Iran) at the top followed by Ethan Hunt

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Waiting to see if it was torpedoes and whether or not those E15 discussions in Iowa amount to anything.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    So who operates torpedoes and would want to get bombed?
    Too bad Ford isn't bringing out the Ranger in 2 door, 4WD and E85 compliant.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know much about naval combat, does a boat sneak up on another boat and remove mines from its hull without it noticing? Also does someone intentionally target a specific ship with mines or does this point to Iran wrecklessly putting mines scattershot in a shipping lane?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know much about naval combat, does a boat sneak up on another boat and remove mines from its hull without it noticing? Also does someone intentionally target a specific ship with mines or does this point to Iran wrecklessly putting mines scattershot in a shipping lane?

These particular mines are called "Limpet mines" from what I've read. They're attached (magnetically I assume) to the hull of the ship as opposed to the floating/anchored mines used in shipping lanes. The only reason I can think of to remove an unexploded one would be to try and hide evidence. I think that is what is suspected in this incident.

Top Bottom