Southern Hills

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Iran sounds just like DoggyMama's lazy-ass freeloading daughter. I had a heated discussion with her tonight and said, "Not one more dime!". Trump should do the same with Iran and anybody that does business with them. Starving people tend to get angry with their leaders when they cut them off of the dole. Let their people overthrow their own damn government. Really don't care if all of them die in the process. They stopped contributing to society about the time that Mohamed was born.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe I've said it before, and usually stand alone on my island in my bunker with this issue but,...

Iran is a sovereign nation that is recognized by the other nations of this earth. They have an equal claim to put any and all weapons into their arsenal as every other nation on earth may have access to. If France has nuclear weapons so too should Iran. If Russia has chemical weapons so too should Iran.

That said, IF we want to talk about all nations on earth agreeing to ban a certain types of weapon for the good of humanity, that is another discussion, but one I could get behind. Until then, if WE can have it then THEY can have it.

JMO.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe I've said it before, and usually stand alone on my island in my bunker with this issue but,...

Iran is a sovereign nation that is recognized by the other nations of this earth. They have an equal claim to put any and all weapons into their arsenal as every other nation on earth may have access to. If France has nuclear weapons so too should Iran. If Russia has chemical weapons so too should Iran.

That said, IF we want to talk about all nations on earth agreeing to ban a certain types of weapon for the good of humanity, that is another discussion, but one I could get behind. Until then, if WE can have it then THEY can have it.

JMO.

Regards,

Doug

You're not alone in thinking that. I've always that it ironic that so many pro-2A people, when thinking internationally are pretty "anti," when other nations wish to have parity with other powers.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

JMO.

Regards,

Doug

So, you're working the LGS counter and a pissed off neighbor comes in, says he hates the way you cut your grass or whatever and wants to kill you. He then wants to buy a gun in the case with ammo to match...and you sell it to him because he's not a prohibited person...right? YOU can have a gun so THEY can have one, right? Either that or we all need to agree to give up all our guns.

Makes as much sense as that. They are our enemies and want to kill us; there are no ends that we shouldn't go to to make sure they don't get the weapons to do that. There's no reason for us to look for a level playing field to be 'fair' to the islamofascistlunatics. Or anyone else who are our professed enemies. There is no argument for a level playing field here. It's the same as saying Hitler should have had a greater production capacity.

Typical of the Iran government.JPG

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Israelis? Heh, those guys won't even talk about their own. The area is such an odd mix of religions, banking, power politics. A few decades ago it was a sleepy and neglected backwater of the world even though a crossroads between continents. Then the super weapons of that bygone era converted from coal to oil. The war bankers wanted political power in the region and the zionists wanted the land that the Israelites forfeited. And voila, it becomes crisis central as prophecy demanded. Now because it is that crossroads location and crucial to the new silk road there is even greater contention over who has the real estate. The globalists want their new religion based there. And the world seethes over Jerusalem.
    Frank Herbert couldn't have made up a story like this.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

JMO.

Regards,

Doug

Though stated a bit differently here, I've seen and heard this case made several times and it always amazes me that those that take this position never see the obvious, glaring fault with their own argument. While seemingly arguing that Iran(insert the name of any other dictatorship or terrorist sponsor here) should have EQUAL right to pursue their own self interest(nuclear weapons or whatever else) you are actually arguing that Iran's right to pursue their self interest is greater than that of other nations, not equal to it. If, as you contend, every country has EQUAL right to pursue their self interest, then no valid complaint or argument can be made against the US or any other country pursuing it's own self interest by trying to stop a terrorist sponsoring dictatorship from acquiring nuclear arms.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    First off, all political powers are terrorists.
    Second, everyone has the right to a Moon base.
    Third, where all this is going was written down a long time ago.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does anyone really believe Iran does not already have nuclear weapons?

Iran does not have nuclear weapons. If they did, we'd most certainly know it. However, for the sake of argument, let's say that they did.... then if conventional conservative wisdom prevails, why haven't they used their weapons to "wipe Israel off the map?" Or better yet, why haven't they given a small or dirty bomb to a terrorist group to irradiate someplace? If one believes Iran has the bomb, noting they haven't used it, then one is also forced to admit that they are a reasonable state actor.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If one believes Iran has the bomb, noting they haven't used it, then one is also forced to admit that they are a reasonable state actor.

Does it now? You are telling us that refraining from using nuclear weapons is the line that separates reasonable from unreasonable? Killing people through terrorism with conventional weapons in the course of maintaining their position as the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism is reasonable?

Will Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan be beneficiaries of this thinking given that neither of them used such weapons?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does it now? You are telling us that refraining from using nuclear weapons is the line that separates reasonable from unreasonable? Killing people through terrorism with conventional weapons in the course of maintaining their position as the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism is reasonable?

Will Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan be beneficiaries of this thinking given that neither of them used such weapons?

I am unaware of Iran directly engaging in terrorism. They have obviously done so by proxy. That's the action of a reasonable state actor. An action that our very own nation has participated.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Idk but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the notion of Iran being characterized as reasonable state actors.

Top Bottom