Indianapolis
    CMDlAOEUsAA1jIn.png:large

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey this deal is working out great..............for the Iranian regime. Looks like everybody is making their own side deals undermining each other. Might as well just have let the Iranians negotiate a deal with themselves from the get go.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey this deal is working out great..............for the Iranian regime. Looks like everybody is making their own side deals undermining each other. Might as well just have let the Iranians negotiate a deal with themselves from the get go.

Sigh. "The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." -V.I. Lenin

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I heard on the radio, that Joe Donnelly, "D", supports this ..... is it time for a "change", already ?????

Of course it is. He landed in office by dumb luck with Mourdock stumbling on a 'gotcha' question that was deliberately engineered to make a reasonable position look like the thinking of a Neanderthal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just sent him an e mail, and I told him, that it WON'T take us 36 years to VOTE him OUT !!!!!

I have been down that road with e-mails and calls. I was left with the distinct impression that I am just going to have to wait for 11/2018 to make my point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of course it is. He landed in office by dumb luck with Mourdock stumbling on a 'gotcha' question that was deliberately engineered to make a reasonable position look like the thinking of a Neanderthal.

It wasn't dumb luck. It was electoral engineering.

Democrats wanted and supported Mourdock in the primary because they at least had a chance to win against him. Donnelly would have been trounced by Lugar, not that we'd have noticed much political difference between the two.

There is a trend in Democratic tactics in red states where they support the most fringe candidate. They hope they'll find one not quite too conservative to win the primary but way too conservative to win the general. This worked with Clair McCaskill in Missouri--she even brags about financially backing Todd Akin's campaign early on to help him win the primary so that she'd have a "fringe candidate" to run against in the general. She trounced him.

Same thing happened here. Once they helped get Lugar out of the way, they knew it was just a matter of time before Mourdock would help them paint him as "fringe". The "gotcha question" was answered exactly as they had hoped.

They tried the same thing in KY to get rid of McConnell. Not that I wouldn't mind a saner Senator representing KY, but democrats even advertized early on in KY that they would financially support any Republican candidate that would go up against McConnell in the primaries.

I hope in 2016 Republicans are smart enough to catch onto the electoral engineering.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It wasn't dumb luck. It was electoral engineering.

Democrats wanted and supported Mourdock in the primary because they at least had a chance to win against him. Donnelly would have been trounced by Lugar, not that we'd have noticed much political difference between the two.

There is a trend in Democratic tactics in red states where they support the most fringe candidate. They hope they'll find one not quite too conservative to win the primary but way too conservative to win the general. This worked with Clair McCaskill in Missouri--she even brags about financially backing Todd Akin's campaign early on to help him win the primary so that she'd have a "fringe candidate" to run against in the general. She trounced him.

Same thing happened here. Once they helped get Lugar out of the way, they knew it was just a matter of time before Mourdock would help them paint him as "fringe". The "gotcha question" was answered exactly as they had hoped.

They tried the same thing in KY to get rid of McConnell. Not that I wouldn't mind a saner Senator representing KY, but democrats even advertized early on in KY that they would financially support any Republican candidate that would go up against McConnell in the primaries.

I hope in 2016 Republicans are smart enough to catch onto the electoral engineering.

The dumb luck enters at the point that Mourdock had it won until a couple of days before the election and gave a poorly-constructed answer to the question at issue. Had he managed to stop and take a breath before opening his pie hole, Donnelly would be a forgotten footnote at this point, unlike the standard chosen opponent who is hammered into the ground from the beginning.

Oh, and as for the result. I am still happier than I would have been with more Lugar. The last time I encountered that little motherf*cker in person, it took all the discipline I could muster to refrain from shutting his mouth for him.

Top Bottom