• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Delivery systems is what thwarts most nuclear powers, even today. Iran is a,long way from the bomb, and even further away from being able to drop it where they want.
    I'm of the opinion that the possession of the bomb makes everybody safer, as long as the international community stays vigilant.

Thank God they won't be getting assistance from Russia and China............. wait..........

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's a pretty fair bet that anyone that is a victim of a nuclear blast of any type, will respond in kind, regardless of actually knowing who is responsible. I think for any "would be" nuclear power that would be terrifying, and reason enough to put checks in place.

I'm not sure that fits in with the whole "wipe Israel of the planet" theme they got going on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Israeli government releases document of questions raising their concerns on current nuclear framework with Iran.

CB7O1hvUoAAnWeW.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Israeli government releases document of questions raising their concerns on current nuclear framework with Iran.

They missed a question. Since the administration put so much political capital into this deal, if the US catches Iran reneging on the deal, how likely is it to actually pursue reinstating sanctions?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Question: If Iran were to use nuclear weapons on Israel, what are the chances in it ending in a nuclear WWIII/nuclear Armageddon?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure that fits in with the whole "wipe Israel of the planet" theme they got going on.

I'm glad you mentioned theme, as no one from Iran actually said that. I personally do not believe Iran would use the bomb. Obviously when talking about nuclear weapons, that the last place you want to be wrong, but Iran has NEVER proven itself to be an irrational actor. MAD doesn't just apply to the US-Russia dynamic. It applies to Iran too, with the caveat that there's nothing "mutual" about it. If Iran strikes with nukes, that's it only for Iran.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm glad you mentioned theme, as no one from Iran actually said that. I personally do not believe Iran would use the bomb. Obviously when talking about nuclear weapons, that the last place you want to be wrong, but Iran has NEVER proven itself to be an irrational actor. MAD doesn't just apply to the US-Russia dynamic. It applies to Iran too, with the caveat that there's nothing "mutual" about it. If Iran strikes with nukes, that's it only for Iran.

Really? Leading general in the Revolutionary Guard said recently that Iran would NEVER renounce its determination to wipe Israel off the map. Perhaps he doesn't count because he's not participating in the talks?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? Leading general in the Revolutionary Guard said recently that Iran would NEVER renounce its determination to wipe Israel off the map. Perhaps he doesn't count because he's not participating in the talks?

Link? I guess it's possible, but that "wipe off the map/planet" quip that we've repeatedly heard, has almost always been attributed to Ahmadinejad.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Link? I guess it's possible, but that "wipe off the map/planet" quip that we've repeatedly heard, has almost always been attributed to Ahmadinejad.

Well I knew I was paraphrasing this at the time, but here's the article I read: Iranian General Calls Israel's Destruction 'Nonnegotiable'

And, of course, if that article doesn't get the Iranian leadership's views across, here are some others:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...voDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFXjzcm-4NwRLsTSSWsn0ct6sOzMg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...voDwBg&usg=AFQjCNHu11DR4JA1b7REDF7awyiQYKoQ8A

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...voDwBg&usg=AFQjCNGBw36VuBJD9OBBJn2t4ZfA7fWAvQ

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Got a question for you: If you run into a guy who's threatened you with death and you see him pointing a rifle at you, will you wait to see if he shoots first?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Got a question for you: If you run into a guy who's threatened you with death and you see him pointing a rifle at you, will you wait to see if he shoots first?

No silly, you try to figure out if it's loaded.
    then what it's loaded with.
    then precisely where its aimed.
    and if it has the range to reach you
    then you argue wound ballistics to determine if it could actually be fatal.
    then you ask for talks to determine the amount of powder in the case.

Then you agree to a framework for talks that may include the make and model of rifle, type and power of scope, trigger pull, and timing of the shot that we have determined that you may or may not make, how determined you are to make, what your motives may be, the name and address of the sniper, his family history, training, current political views, and the color of tablecloth for the talks including who and what to cater.

As well as who is going to pay for it.

and what he thinks of Obama

Top Bottom