• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    My question is, could Iran build enough nukes to actually be effective? They'll get the bomb eventually, that is certain, but if all they have is a half dozen nuclear ICBMs they'd be shot out of the sky before any damage could be done.

Kind of like North Korea and the bomb. Sure, they've got it, but it's pretty much useless to them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They couldn't produce any substantial number of weapons for years anyway. They're a good ways off from having a bomb, according to the CIA and Mossad. If the current diplomatic effort goes through that'll set them back at least 10 years. They're going to have to surrender something like 97% of their nuclear stockpile and they'll lose 2/3 of their centrifuges for enrichment. They're unlikely to have a bomb anytime soon, (despite Netanyahu's 20 years of yelling).

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    They couldn't produce any substantial number of weapons for years anyway. They're a good ways off from having a bomb, according to the CIA and Mossad. If the current diplomatic effort goes through that'll set them back at least 10 years. They're going to have to surrender something like 97% of their nuclear stockpile and they'll lose 2/3 of their centrifuges for enrichment. They're unlikely to have a bomb anytime soon, (despite Netanyahu's 20 years of yelling).

your deluding yourself

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Yep, delusional.

'Interesting' how one will cite the Mossad, yet attempt to negate Netanyahu, who got his information from the Mossad, LOL...

The solution is simple: Dismantle the nuclear facilities. Voluntarily or involuntarily, immediately. Their choice.

Only the deranged mind would believe it 'not so bad' if Iran had even one nuclear weapon.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep, delusional.

'Interesting' how one will cite the Mossad, yet attempt to negate Netanyahu, who got his information from the Mossad, LOL...

The solution is simple: Dismantle the nuclear facilities. Voluntarily or involuntarily, immediately. Their choice.

Only the deranged mind would believe it 'not so bad' if Iran had even one nuclear weapon.

Netanyahu has consistently ignored the Mossad where Iran is concerned. He's been yelling about them for 20 years no, saying they're going to have the bomb any day now. If he were even partially right they'd have a nuclear arsenal to rival Israels.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, just basing my opinion off the available facts and not talk radio, Ntanyahu and republicrat talking points. Both the CIA and Mossad say they're nowhere close to a bomb and the framework puts them even farther away.

Yeah, me too. I do listen to POTUS on XM and NPR during the work commute. They keep telling me this is a good deal. I think they're full of ****. Judging the facts against reality, and my own life experience, I think they're caught in the delusional influence of ideology.

Netanyahu has consistently ignored the Mossad where Iran is concerned. He's been yelling about them for 20 years no, saying they're going to have the bomb any day now. If he were even partially right they'd have a nuclear arsenal to rival Israels.

I'll have to agree, Netanyahu knows how to play to evangelical's doctrinal love for Jews. But that doesn't make proponents of this deal any less delusional.

sounds like your the one listening to talking points

Nope, just paying attention to the facts as they come out from all sides, and not the echo chamber.

I think D-Ric902 has a point. You do seem to prefer the progressive talking points almost exclusively. Certainly more often than facts would bare their correctness. I can see why people might suspect you derive your conclusions from ideological preferences rather than just paying attention to the facts. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily. Most people tend to do that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pres Obama insists that he has the authority to enter into binding foreign agreements without Congressional approval, but also hopes "we can find something that allows Congress to express itself " without breaching "presidential prerogatives."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/w...t-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

Also, Breaking: Obama admits his presidency is a fundamental failure

Obama says it would be “a fundamental failure of my presidency” if "Israel was rendered more vulnerable” by Iran deal

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This article quotes the President as saying "Iran won't get a nuke under my watch".

Obama defends Iran deal as 'once in a lifetime' opportunity - AOL.com

Yep. I can pretty much guarantee they won't either. They now have the incentive to wait until the next president comes along. They now have the time and the extra money coming in to develop and even more powerful program. Save the $$ and do more research and hope the crap they have going now doesn't surface. Hell, It's a win win for them. Why would they not agree.

It's a great situation for them. And as long as what they have now doesn't surface while Obama's on watch he looks like a hero. Well untill the :poop: hit the fan. then the Democrat's will find a way to blame the conservatives. It's pure democratic genius!! Way to go Obama!! :rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My question is, could Iran build enough nukes to actually be effective? They'll get the bomb eventually, that is certain, but if all they have is a half dozen nuclear ICBMs they'd be shot out of the sky before any damage could be done.

Kind of like North Korea and the bomb. Sure, they've got it, but it's pretty much useless to them.

Delivery systems is what thwarts most nuclear powers, even today. Iran is a,long way from the bomb, and even further away from being able to drop it where they want.
    I'm of the opinion that the possession of the bomb makes everybody safer, as long as the international community stays vigilant.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This article quotes the President as saying "Iran won't get a nuke under my watch".

Obama defends Iran deal as 'once in a lifetime' opportunity - AOL.com

Yep. I can pretty much guarantee they won't either. They now have the incentive to wait until the next president comes along. They now have the time and the extra money coming in to develop and even more powerful program. Save the $$ and do more research and hope the crap they have going now doesn't surface. Hell, It's a win win for them. Why would they not agree.

It's a great situation for them. And as long as what they have now doesn't surface while Obama's on watch he looks like a hero. Well untill the :poop: hit the fan. then the Democrat's will find a way to blame the conservatives. It's pure democratic genius!! Way to go Obama!! :rockwoot:
    And he's the most honest President ever. "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period." I don't see why we shouldn't just trust him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Delivery systems is what thwarts most nuclear powers, even today. Iran is a,long way from the bomb, and even further away from being able to drop it where they want.
    I'm of the opinion that the possession of the bomb makes everybody safer, as long as the international community stays vigilant.

It's not like the thing has to cross an ocean. They only need to detonate it in Israel. And they may be reconsidering thier desire to destroy the US. We seem to be doing a pretty good job of that ourselves.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    It's not like the thing has to cross an ocean. They only need to detonate it in Israel. And they may be reconsidering thier desire to destroy the US. We seem to be doing a pretty good job of that ourselves.

If they do detonate it on Israel, wouldn't they kill a big number of Palestinians in the process? It's not like they could tell them all to get out of the way without tipping off the Israelites.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Actually, the Iranians have a very active ICBM progam (which are only used with nukes), that is not limited in any way by this agreement.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I think it's a pretty fair bet that anyone that is a victim of a nuclear blast of any type, will respond in kind, regardless of actually knowing who is responsible. I think for any "would be" nuclear power that would be terrifying, and reason enough to put checks in place.

Top Bottom