IN
    S3TkTcP.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yeah...I can get behind gender identity because there is science behind it. We don't understand what a lot of the genes do in the human genome. I've seen some bizarre stuff where kids had too many X or Y chromosomes and ended up physically a boy or girl but mentally the opposite.

I have never seen that on top of acting like a child....

The number of people with "gender identity" issues rooted in actual XXY or XYY mutations is vanishingly small. The overwhelming majority of the people are genetically very clearly male or female.

IMO there is very clearly a "nurture" rather than "nature" element to this. Children growing up in dysfunctional homes with absent or abusive parents (or both) end up with struggles they shouldn't have.

You don't need a statistical T-test to acknowledge that the fraction of people with "issues" that grew up and reasonably functional, two-parent homes where their genetic parents stayed married to each other, is the smallest of tiny fractions of the group.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The number of people with "gender identity" issues rooted in actual XXY or XYY mutations is vanishingly small. The overwhelming majority of the people are genetically very clearly male or female.

IMO there is very clearly a "nurture" rather than "nature" element to this. Children growing up in dysfunctional homes with absent or abusive parents (or both) end up with struggles they shouldn't have.

You don't need a statistical T-test to acknowledge that the fraction of people with "issues" that grew up and reasonably functional, two-parent homes where their genetic parents stayed married to each other, is the smallest of tiny fractions of the group.

Just to add to this, a mutation isn't itself a gender identity issue. That's physical. Gender identity disorder is a DSM-5 recognized mental disorder. This is why the suicide rate is so high with people who have it. Crowder has a video where he interviews a "former" transgendered guy. From his earliest memories he identifed as a girl even though he was born male. There were no physical deformities. All mental. He was very unhappy into adulthood. He wasn't gay. He got married, had kids. He thought that if he became a woman he'd be happy. So he divorced his wife and went through a sex change operation. But he was more depressed than ever. He wanted to commit suicide.

Long story short, through therapy he discovered that he had an underlying mental disorder that caused his depression and thoughts of suicide. He also figured out why he identified as a girl. When he was very young his grandmother dressed him up in girls clothes and treated him like a girl. She apparently wanted a granddaughter. When the parents found out they quit sending the kid to Grandma's house. So basically the kid grew up very confused about his gender.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But we need to keep government out of our bedrooms! And Love is Love! And Love Wins! And they are consenting adults, who are we to judge! And if they are happy, good for them!

Also, she read about it on the internet, it must be true!

I think society should think strongly about recognizing certain "exotic" behavior as the mental illness that it is. Would probably go a long way towards settling the issue of privacy matters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think society should think strongly about recognizing certain "exotic" behavior as the mental illness that it is. Would probably go a long way towards settling the issue of privacy matters.

You never struck me as the legislating of morality type.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You never struck me as the legislating of morality type.

I think you may have misunderstood what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with legislating morality. Pedophilia is a mental disorder. It's okay not to impose on society to indulge their disorder especially when acting upon that disorder causes harm. Same with gender confused people. That's a mental disorder too. I think it's okay for society to say, no, we're not going to let delusional men into the women's public restrooms just because their disorder makes them think they're women.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You never struck me as the type miss the moral nature of all law.

All laws are based on morals. The problem, comes with the fact that different people have different morals. Laws, speaking from a non-religious standpoint, should be based on natural right, which in turn should be based on non-interference. Obviously, for the most part that is a naive suggestion, as a society's identity is often based on its moralities. However, it is in the best interest of everyone to keep a watchful eye on which laws overstep their bounds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All laws are based on morals. The problem, comes with the fact that different people have different morals. Laws, speaking from a non-religious standpoint, should be based on natural right, which in turn should be based on non-interference. Obviously, for the most part that is a naive suggestion, as a society's identity is often based on its moralities. However, it is in the best interest of everyone to keep a watchful eye on which laws overstep their bounds.
    Laws should protect rights and provide objective ways to resolve areas where rights collide. Morals are relative.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom