• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    [video=youtube;i_4-BqSIUD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4-BqSIUD8[/video]

It sounds like Occidental has a ShopVac in the admissions office. When a new student is admitted, they use the ShopVac to suck the brain out the student's ear.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Incredibly small sample size, but I am hearing that any sort of critical thinking is avoided at Occi.

Tell you what, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in one of these environments. I'd leave a trail of micro-aggression in my wake, by their definition.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It sounds like Occidental has a ShopVac in the admissions office. When a new student is admitted, they use the ShopVac to suck the brain out the student's ear.

Incredibly small sample size, but I am hearing that any sort of critical thinking is avoided at Occi.

Tell you what, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in one of these environments. I'd leave a trail of micro-aggression in my wake, by their definition.

My brain hurts.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Trail of 'microagressions'? That sounds pretty tame compared with what they would likely receive from me, with the centerpiece being a lengthy explanation of their being dumber than a stack of bricks.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Trail of 'microagressions'? That sounds pretty tame compared with what they would likely receive from me, with the centerpiece being a lengthy explanation of their being dumber than a stack of bricks.
    I mean just walking through campus. Lord help me if I actually stop to talk to someone.
    Any more, it is a microaggression to say please and thank you, open a door for someone, say "yes, ma'am", smile, wave, etc.... Could you imagine holding the door open for the person in the video that seems to self-identify as a "female activist"? Especially if you said, "After you, miss"? Is it polite, or a male dominate, sexist, age-inappropriate aggression?

My only hope, is that once these folks leave college, that no employer will want to deal with their bull**** and knock them down a few pegs. That, and their potential dating pool continues to shrink as they annoy the crap out of everyone. Either they learn to chill, or flame out.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I mean just walking through campus. Lord help me if I actually stop to talk to someone.
    Any more, it is a microaggression to say please and thank you, open a door for someone, say "yes, ma'am", smile, wave, etc.... Could you imagine holding the door open for the person in the video that seems to self-identify as a "female activist"? Especially if you said, "After you, miss"? Is it polite, or a male dominate, sexist, age-inappropriate aggression?

My only hope, is that once these folks leave college, that no employer will want to deal with their bull**** and knock them down a few pegs. That, and their potential dating pool continues to shrink as they annoy the crap out of everyone. Either they learn to chill, or flame out.

:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Don't count on it...at least note in the corporate world. "These people are our future. We must find ways to welcome and nurture them. The old ways of letting them figure it out on their own--letting sink or swim will not fly in today's culture." And on and on and on. I've heard this stuff from HR.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Don't count on it...at least note in the corporate world. "These people are our future. We must find ways to welcome and nurture them. The old ways of letting them figure it out on their own--letting sink or swim will not fly in today's culture." And on and on and on. I've heard this stuff from HR.
    The best part is that, a few years from now, their vaunted new knowledge will be just as obsolete as hemulator repair skills.
    Pretty soon they'll have to raid high schools to get the "fresh, new, game-changing ideas, skills and knowledge." The faster things change, the faster the newbies will become obsolete. Field dressing a deer will always be useful.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Tech start up to name and shame people engaged in "hate speech" - involving posting their name, address, employer, etc. Surprisingly quiet on what criteria they use...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto/description

"We know what you're all thinking:

"There is no way that this many girls run a tech start-up".

Except we do, and we are about to save the virtual world with it, so listen up! We promise to keep this short and fun:"

""I'm exercising my first amendment rights"
    Can't argue that one, so let's instead help them magnify those freedoms. Let's launch a database where we capture them exercising those rights and create digital records for them that anyone can access.

Yup. We consider ourselves to be patriots. "

FAQ | Social Autopsy
    What is a digital footprint?
    Users submit a screenshot of a person’s hate-fueled social media post, which is then used to create a profile that includes their full name, place of employment, city of residence and schools.

So.... who will be the first #INGO #Ammosexual? :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto/description
    "We know what you're all thinking:

"There is no way that this many girls run a tech start-up".

Except we do, and we are about to save the virtual world with it, so listen up! We promise to keep this short and fun:"

""I'm exercising my first amendment rights"
    Can't argue that one, so let's instead help them magnify those freedoms. Let's launch a database where we capture them exercising those rights and create digital records for them that anyone can access.

Yup. We consider ourselves to be patriots. "

FAQ | Social Autopsy
    What is a digital footprint?
    Users submit a screenshot of a person’s hate-fueled social media post, which is then used to create a profile that includes their full name, place of employment, city of residence and schools.

So.... who will be the first #INGO #Ammosexual? :D

This breaks laws. In one video they push having kids in their database. This "service" encourages doxxing without discrimination, and I reported it to Kickstarter yesterday morning.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And their Kickstarter has now been suspended

123736-deadwood-huzzah-gif-Imgur-al-s-7yIJ.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom