Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, this is probably suitable in the Gamergate thread, or the Gaming thread... but I'll drop it here for visibility.

On the heels of the Farcry 5 trailer... there seems to be another Journo movement to attack gamers.

A fake/SJW "petition" floated up, created by a "gamer", demanding the game be altered or canceled because of what they assume the plot is.

It looks like Forbes is the only outlet that did a little research and declared the petition is likely bull****.

Also Sargon covered this in a video here, showing the actual "petition" and explaining why it's obviously fake SJW nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmClKV7Bm7c&t (Language)

iQl6yTN.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That the students can act in that manner with complete impunity shows that the college leadership has completely abdicated their authority and responsibilities.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The Campus Inquisition at Evergreen State College

I find the comparison to events happening on our college campuses to The Cultural Revolution most apt; with, I assume, Anti-FA and similar groups playing the role of the Red Guards
    In the current climate I see a lot of historical similarities;
    - the Antifa/Free speech clashes in Berkley with each side arming themselves and almost forming their own militias is reminiscent of Ireland at the turn of the 20th century with each faction starting armed groups (IRB and UVF)
    - the current climate on many campuses is, at the risk of Godwin, similar to the Nazi rise to power in that anyone who held a different view to the Nazis was not permitted to hold office and was directly detrimental to their careers.
    - the hounding of those who do not share the beliefs of some groups (including doxxing and the harassment of their employers) has very definite shades of McCarthyism
    - even amongst their own supporters any mis-step in their choice of words is met with such ferocity that the words of Lavrentiy Beria, head of Stalin's Secret Police, comes to mind; "Show me a man, and I'll show you the crime". Especially when college campuses have taken steps to set up confidential informers for those who are perceived to be acting against political correctness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That the students can act in that manner with complete impunity shows that the college leadership has completely abdicated their authority and responsibilities.

When I saw the video of the students shouting down a professor, this is exactly what I thought. Years ago students would have been disciplined, including expulsion for this kind of nonsense. The students behaved as if THEY owned the campus. It is a public college, funded partly by the tax dollars of citizens for the purpose of educating the community youth to become productive citizens of society. It's THEIR campus. Every participating student should be expelled for their behavior. And it's no great loss to society anyway, given the likelihood that they're pursuing a societally worthless degree with the name "studies" in it. Society will pay their keep either way.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    When I saw the video of the students shouting down a professor, this is exactly what I thought. Years ago students would have been disciplined, including expulsion for this kind of nonsense. The students behaved as if THEY owned the campus. It is a public college, funded partly by the tax dollars of citizens for the purpose of educating the community youth to become productive citizens of society. It's THEIR campus. Every participating student should be expelled for their behavior. And it's no great loss to society anyway, given the likelihood that they're pursuing a societally worthless degree with the name "studies" in it. Society will pay their keep either way.
    My take as I learn more about this;
    - Students shouting down the professor was bad.
    - Having the campus police effectively stand down and say that they were not able to guarantee the professor's safety is appalling.
    - When the president of the college bent his knee to the protesting students that was inexcusable (pushing back their homework deadlines, buying them food, publicly grovelling, allowing them to hold him hostage in his own office, granting most of their demands and then giving more).

Unless the Administrators of Evergreen State College are prepared to take swift and decisive action their institution faces a very uncertain future as their student body is effectively running the campus. Look at the damage done to Mizzou, and their troubles were no where near this scale.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    This is the result of our culture worshiping youth. "Nothing's too good for the kids." Park at the end of the driveway with the engine running so the little tykes don't get uncomfortable as they wait for the bus? Sure, why not? If adults keep telling them - through words and actions - they are the most important thing in the universe, they will believe it and act accordingly.

“Remember (teenagers) that no matter how many millions are spent catering to your taste in music, your taste in music remains very bad: even more millions are devoted to the study and treatment of your pimples, but that doesn’t make pimples a good thing.” – Esquire magazine, 1965

"Many crucial things in life are learned from experience, rather than from clever thoughts or clever words." – Thomas Sowell

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom