Not open for further replies.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    DtK-l07XcAErC5P.jpg:large

I'd go visit HuffPo right now and read this drivel...but I'm too busy listening to "Baby Its Cold Outside"

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Apparently the state of Kansas has issued more than 700 license plates containing a "racial slur."

The plates numbers were assigned by a random number/letter generator and ended up with the letter combination of "JAP." An old japanese guy (in California of course) saw one of these plates and wrote a letter to the Governor of Kansas to complain. Now the plates are being recalled.

I don't know what worse, being offended by random characters on a license plate, or being a politician that's so PC that you're willing to spend thousands of dollars to capitulate to this nonsense.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nse-plates-over-ethnic-slur-complaint-n941076

When did Jap become a racial slur?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not 100% sure which thread to put this, so I'll drop it here.

CNN contributor said some anti-Semitic stuff about Israel.

CNN actually fired him.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-cnn-fires-marc-lamont-hill-following-israel-comments/

Hill urged countries to boycott Israel in a speech on Wednesday, calling for a “free Palestine from the river to the sea.” His comments sparked an immediate backlash, with many noting “from the river to the sea” is a phrase used by anti-Israel terror groups like Hamas that implies the elimination of the Israeli state.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Apparently the state of Kansas has issued more than 700 license plates containing a "racial slur."

The plates numbers were assigned by a random number/letter generator and ended up with the letter combination of "JAP." An old japanese guy (in California of course) saw one of these plates and wrote a letter to the Governor of Kansas to complain. Now the plates are being recalled.

I don't know what worse, being offended by random characters on a license plate, or being a politician that's so PC that you're willing to spend thousands of dollars to capitulate to this nonsense.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nse-plates-over-ethnic-slur-complaint-n941076

People who start wars and then lose them badly should take a moment to reflect about that.

People who cringe at the least criticism from the people who started the war that ended badly should just consider the source and ignore it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When did Jap become a racial slur?

It's pretty tame on the scale of "insensitive things to call Japanese people."

https://aphiemi.wordpress.com/2009/...ne-from-display-out-of-political-correctness/
    VA Hospital Removes ‘Japs Surrender’ Headline From Display Out Of Political Correctness

When they started buying up America right and left.

I asked this same question several years ago of another INGO member, I can't remember his handle right now but it was bushidodevildog or something like that. He said that is on par with the feared "N" word in this country. On a slightly different note I've been told that the word "canuck" can be offensive to some of our northern neighbors. Not knowing the origins of either I find it hard to understand the power the words hold but I've never been one to let a word control me.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I asked this same question several years ago of another INGO member, I can't remember his handle right now but it was bushidodevildog or something like that. He said that is on par with the feared "N" word in this country. On a slightly different note I've been told that the word "canuck" can be offensive to some of our northern neighbors. Not knowing the origins of either I find it hard to understand the power the words hold but I've never been one to let a word control me.:dunno:

Definitely not.

The Vancouver Canucks would have changed their name by now.

Jap is nowhere near the level of the word. Nip is probably a little closer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom