• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, I'm off the rails. I was down to 192, but now I'm back up to 197. This is that crucial time where you either double down or say "**** it all".
    If I could offer a word of advice: Don't do either one of those. Take a "one day at a time" approach/mindset. You don't need to complete the journey today. You haven't failed the journey because of yesterday.

Just make the choices you need to make, for today. Trust that, long-term, the process will work.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If I could offer a word of advice: Don't do either one of those. Take a "one day at a time" approach/mindset. You don't need to complete the journey today. You haven't failed the journey because of yesterday.

Just make the choices you need to make, for today. Trust that, long-term, the process will work.
    Thanks, Chip. That's just what I needed. One meal, one day at a time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It does not take long to lose running endurance. Took some time off after aggravating a nerve in my leg somehow. It didn't exactly hurt, just made me feel like I was setting fire down the outside of my leg, which was certainly unpleasant in it's own way. I was fine as long as I moved, but sit down for too long and c'mon baby light my fire. I think my office chair is garbage and a major contributor to it.

Increased protein, decreased carbs since I'm trying to do more weights while not doing endurance. Weight continues to drop again, but I credit most of this to changing my work schedule and actually sleeping a normal amount vs 3-5 hours.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    OK I will play along
    I went to the Dr and found out I have type 2 diabetes. He recommended the mediterranean diet. A lot of water and some exercise in the last week I have lost 3 lbs. no fast food no sugar unless it’s from fresh fruit and a little walking. I may iget put on the Ozempic shot. I am not sure yet so far it hasn’t been that hard. I will keep you posted.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am type 2 also. I was on Trulicity until they started giving it away to everyone who wanted to lose weight, which caused a shortage. I am currently on Ozempic. I do think it helps a bit with weight loss, and it helps keep my sugar down, so win/win.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweets. But the sweets have to go, because for some reason my pesky doctor doesn't think that a fasting blood glucose of 200 is acceptable. I also tend to eat out of boredom or to avoid doing things that need doing.

True story. My cholesterol is high, so my doctor said no more bacon and eggs. I asked what I'm supposed to eat for breakfast since I have to avoid carbs. She said in her lovely Indian accent, "My dear, you have both diabetes and high cholesterol; you are basically iss-crewed."
    You need a new doctor. You are NOT screwed just because of that. You CAN beat this. Everyone has slip ups. Just remember one day isn't a life time but all the tomorrows are. Just do what you can do for one day, today. Don't worry about yesterday, you can't undo that doughnut, but you can skip it today. Let God worry about tomorrow, He is good at it.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been keeping my sugar pretty much in control. Riding my bicycle. Wife is still riding the inside bicycle. She actually order a couple pair of one size smaller pants. LOL.

I'm introducing a "new thing" from my long time ago routines. Finally got the one garage cleaned and straightened up enough for room to get out all my free weights and benches from the back wall and corners.

If there is any interest, I use the routines listed at ThePumpingStation.com. I ignore their vitamin sales pitch but their lifting program has done wonders for me before. So we'll try it all again.

Got day one in yesterday to establish base lines and re learn routine how to. Tomorrow, first attempt at it for real.

Just finished going through the percentages and numbers of reps based on our "one rep max" calculated on their page. Got pretty much a light easy work out program put together and ready to start tomorrow. Some of then are a little creative considering it was established starting with just a bare 5# bar. LOL, don't tell her I laughed. I bet she'll progress really fast after sand bagging me the other day.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Been keeping my sugar pretty much in control. Riding my bicycle. Wife is still riding the inside bicycle. She actually order a couple pair of one size smaller pants. LOL.

I'm introducing a "new thing" from my long time ago routines. Finally got the one garage cleaned and straightened up enough for room to get out all my free weights and benches from the back wall and corners.

If there is any interest, I use the routines listed at ThePumpingStation.com. I ignore their vitamin sales pitch but their lifting program has done wonders for me before. So we'll try it all again.

Got day one in yesterday to establish base lines and re learn routine how to. Tomorrow, first attempt at it for real.

Just finished going through the percentages and numbers of reps based on our "one rep max" calculated on their page. Got pretty much a light easy work out program put together and ready to start tomorrow. Some of then are a little creative considering it was established starting with just a bare 5# bar. LOL, don't tell her I laughed. I bet she'll progress really fast after sand bagging me the other day.
    I started with a bare bar then increased by 5 lbs each session, something like 5 x 5 reps three times a week. Built a lot of strength but now I have to really moderate because my head thinks it can do much more than my body is capable of.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started with a bare bar then increased by 5 lbs each session, something like 5 x 5 reps three times a week. Built a lot of strength but now I have to really moderate because my head thinks it can do much more than my body is capable of.
    I just run their bare bones "beginner" program, so the computer does all the figuring and don't push it. It is ALWAYS my lower back that kills my "enthusiasm" as I've had BAD arthritis in my back since my late 20's.

We are both old. I'm happy we made through the first full day with out any injuries worse that a finger got a little smashed. A couple of the calculations were a little off or I just read them wrong or something. Made a few first day adjustments and as things settle in the first week or two I'll recalculate those.

We both still kept up all our regular duties and bicycle program with out any one giving up and quitting, so I'll call that a successful first day.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got in our 3rd work out with the iron today and wife is moving up pretty well, as I expected she would with getting used to it all for the first time. I even bumped a couple of mine and added a 4th set to a few as is really the goal to be doing 4 sets on all of them rather than increasing weight.

Then I went straight to the bicycle and made a 12 mile ride.

So far, so good.

Getting positive comments from my new work out partner so I'm hopeful

Last edited:
    Top Bottom