• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Loooooooong video, but I found it very informative. Video is obviously about cancer and it's relation to the keto diet, but not so apparent may be the other odds and ends about the mental aspects, fasting and such.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    minor update: Went to New Olreans for a work conference last week. Sunday to Thursday (12 hours of travel on Thursday...into Friday AM)

Anyhow: Only managed to gain 3 lbs when I was gone. Then on Saturday we had both a family pitch-in and then we had a small birthday gathering / party for a buddy of mine.

I managed to gain like 5 extra lbs on Saturday alone. Seriously. I WAY over-ate and I WAY over sugared myself.

Back down under 218 again this AM, though. So I've basically burned through all that extra. Thankfully.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Also: It's a good kind of problem, but I now have a literal huge pile of clothes on my bedroom floor. Stuff that no longer fits me.

Bunch of shirts, shorts, and pants. I've got another close buddy who is also on the weight loss journey (also courtesy of modern chemistry and pharm!). He's asked me to hang on to some of those things for the possibility that he may be able to wear some of them.

And I went through more of my older clothes not too long ago and literally found like 5 pair of pants that I'd kept from "before" that fit me again. So that's nice. I'm not prepared to say that the pants I'm wearing today are old, or that I'm old, but there's a pocket on here specifically designed to put a stick phone into...

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a little carb attack yesterday at Rural King. Bought some new work boots and just had to walk past those bags of kettle corn, cheese corn, corn corn corn. Almost made it until I read the "birthday cake flavored kettle corn".

Yep a thousand calories, a million carbs, guaranteed diabetic coma induction on the spot just opening the bag and sniffing it.

I walked right past it and never even picked it up, until we were at the register. Sent the wife back to "Just get the LITTLE bag and we'll split it."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Had a little carb attack yesterday at Rural King. Bought some new work boots and just had to walk past those bags of kettle corn, cheese corn, corn corn corn. Almost made it until I read the "birthday cake flavored kettle corn".

Yep a thousand calories, a million carbs, guaranteed diabetic coma induction on the spot just opening the bag and sniffing it.

I walked right past it and never even picked it up, until we were at the register. Sent the wife back to "Just get the LITTLE bag and we'll split it."

It's tough. I was stuck in line at Menards yesterday, looking at the whole Little Debbie selection. :drool:

I am finally down to where I'm supposed to be weight-wise though. Reminded myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 1724359182926.png

I can feel the absence of excessive pounds. Neck, back, hips, knees, and other joints can all feel the weight gone. The last few days, I have purposely run barefoot the 35 yards of gravel drive between my house and shop.

I'll hold out for the strip steak and fresh picked garden fair for dinner to skip the sugar, carbs, seed oils and processed grains in the Little Debbies, thank you.

:bacondance:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm still sticking with the not-quite-Keto diet

True Keto for me would be about 50grams of carbs. I sometimes am in the KETO range but most days I stay outside of KETO but still well below 100grams for the day, which is still a low for carb intake.

I'm comfortably in the mid-180's and 6' tall. Look a bit flabby but the arthritis issues are limiting my workouts so flab is a by product

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

True Keto for me would be about 50grams of carbs. I sometimes am in the KETO range but most days I stay outside of KETO but still well below 100grams for the day, which is still a low for carb intake.

I'm comfortably in the mid-180's and 6' tall. Look a bit flabby but the arthritis issues are limiting my workouts so flab is a by product

I've been doing the "dirty keto" with daily intermittent fasting for 6 1/2 years.

For me, it's a lot easier to say yes to less carbs and cleaner keto after time. There were days last winter when my only carbs were the fermented pepper sauces that I make from garden yields. Also easier to power through and push that fast to OMAD.

A pretty big part of my motivation is the longevity aspect of lower and lower carb. I have arthritis and Alzheimer's in my family heritage and happily I'm a LOT better off than my parents and grandparents when they were my age.

On a side note, I have been daily bone broth supplemented for five years. This year has had me anchored with work and I haven't made it to the fishing rod to catch and create fish bone broth as usual. My joints seem to feel the absence of my regular bone broth intake.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

I do pure carnivore to lose weight but also dirty carnivore for some variety. Fresh veggies cooked, a slice or two of pizza once in a great while, restaurant fajitas but not the rice, beans, or tortillas. Sticking around 205 at 6’3” and could lose more. My wish is about 10 pounds but lost about 50.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Also: It's a good kind of problem, but I now have a literal huge pile of clothes on my bedroom floor. Stuff that no longer fits me.

Bunch of shirts, shorts, and pants. I've got another close buddy who is also on the weight loss journey (also courtesy of modern chemistry and pharm!). He's asked me to hang on to some of those things for the possibility that he may be able to wear some of them.

And I went through more of my older clothes not too long ago and literally found like 5 pair of pants that I'd kept from "before" that fit me again. So that's nice. I'm not prepared to say that the pants I'm wearing today are old, or that I'm old, but there's a pocket on here specifically designed to put a stick phone into...
    You are going to have to change your name to "Tactically Trim"

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had one of my NEW Walmart tires and tube just swell up about 5 miles from home the other day and then rub the brake pad until it blew out before I could get home. So I'm waiting on two new OEM tires and tubes I ordered off the internet. Almost the exact same price as that Walmart crap.

Still totally in to the weight lifting routine though, wife and I both. She even suggested doubling up and lifting EVERY DAY since the bike is down. LOL, no no, can't do that. That would be a bad bad back problem before I ever got that tire fixed.

So far I HAVE surpassed a couple or three top lifts on my old record board though. I'm pretty pumped about that much. Not to get too rosy about it though. I'm still pretty far off on most of the rest of them.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my new tires and tubes for my Specialized bicycle today. I won't repeat the farce I went through with WALMART tires and tubes for this bicycle and NOTHING fits RIGHT. Just "good enough".

Well I pulled the front wheel off this evening and got that Walmart crap off there and a NEW Specialized tire, new thorn resistant tube and a plastic armor piece between the tire and tube just for insurance put on. Never even broke a sweat. Whole thing done, aired up and took for a test ride in about 15 minutes!

The RIGHT STUFF from these guys didn't cost a penny more than the good enough junk. https://www.performancebike.com/ Can't recommend them high enough and I won't hesitate a second if I need anything bicycle related again.

Last edited:

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Lots of encouraging post lately - well done, folks!

Just to keep myself accountable, I'll share that I've managed to stay in the 150s for a few months now. I'm at home spendi g time with the new baby, so I'm definitely out of my old routine and walking/moving less, and sometimes get snacky in the middle of the night. Still, haven't gone higher than 157. Pleased with that.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great ride today on that new tire. Nice and round with no wobble, flat spots or lumps.

I may go ahead and put the extra one on that other wheel even though it is not flat yet.

Tomorrow is weigh training AND bicycle day! Awesome, I can't wait. Wife is REALLY excited about it to.

Top Bottom