• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm flipping drained, but the long ramp up has been a test of patience. It worked, though, no new nerve pain . I'm nowhere near where I used to be, but I don't need Barbie stickers on my weights any longer. I've progressed from pipe cleaners to bumpy pipe cleaners, at least.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still riding everyday the tires have air in them. Wife still riding the Airdyne. Still getting the weight / gym out every other day. It is a habit now, first thing on training day. Wife is still really in to it all, she is probably gaining faster from it than I am. The Airdyne don't get flat tires.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I saw 217.8 on our scale the other morning. Stark naked, baby. Guess that didn't need mentioned, but I did anyway. You're welcome for the visual.

Anyhow - I've not been this light in a long long long time. Probably since 2002 or 2003 when I was still single, worked for a living, and even managed to exercise / run/walk.

219 and change this morning.

I'm not sure how low I'll go... I'll get to 215 and then see. I try to go in 5lb increments and see how I feel / look. I do think I have an outside shot at 200. We'll see.

Do I need a new INGO name???

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a chalk board in the garage where my work out iron is all at. I kept all my reps and levels all on there to just work my way down the list. But when I quit last time, years before COVID hit, I just put it away one day and one day turned in to a month and then years but all the data is still on there.

I'm not up to those old levels, BUT I'm looking at it... It doesn't seem "impossible".

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems exercise may not be working for my blood sugar control any more. Oddly, it actually went UP after the bicycle ride today. Then down a couple hours later.

Strange, I'll assume for now, it is an aberration.

Doubling up tomorrow for a weight training and bicycle again, both on the same day. Wife is killing me with her enthusiasm. Strict diet regime for a while to figure out the real sit rep here.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems exercise may not be working for my blood sugar control any more. Oddly, it actually went UP after the bicycle ride today. Then down a couple hours later.

Doubling up tomorrow for a weight training and bicycle again, both on the same day. Wife is killing me with her enthusiasm. Strict diet regime for a while to figure out the real sit rep here.
    Heard of this and found this:

Some workouts, such as heavy weightlifting, sprints, and competitive sports, cause you to produce stress hormones (such as adrenaline). Adrenaline raises blood glucose levels by stimulating your liver to release glucose.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

A question, what is your diet regime?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Struggling here, but I'm still only up 3 lbs from my lowest. Since I lost my mom, my diet is terrible. I need to start cooking again instead of living on Poptarts, Hot Pockets and Lean Cuisines.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Post July 4th Family Reunion:
    Wife put together a great slide show. Dang there was a big fatty in those slides. I knew I was fat, but not THAT fat.
    Started eating healthier and portion control in July 11th.
    Weighed in @ 300.6
    8/5 down to 288.8, I only weigh in on Monday.
    Had lots of small wins this week:
    Not eating the breakfast pizza coworkers brought in, nor the candy another heathen brought in.
    Garage workouts have been brutal in this heat!

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heard of this and found this:

Some workouts, such as heavy weightlifting, sprints, and competitive sports, cause you to produce stress hormones (such as adrenaline). Adrenaline raises blood glucose levels by stimulating your liver to release glucose.
    I think both together was a little too much to get full benefit. It has happened before. Work hard for several days to get the sugar DOWN and a little extra effort one day can take it down below what you are used to and the live puke out a bunch of glucose to raise it back up.

Unless you know what is going on or check it every 15 minutes you may never know you were "winning". Just a little too much.

Today I cut the bike ride to just one hour and boom. Finished in the low 90s to high 80s two days in a row. I'm calling that perfect for me. Now to convince body, THAT is the new normal.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A question, what is your diet regime?
    95% Keto, but last time off the wagon was a total give up. What happens, happens, for MONTHS. That is hard to come back from.

Right now I've stayed pretty strict for about 2 months feeling like I'm getting a handle on the diet. PLUS, I'm honestly in the chase for matching the last lifting data I had on the chalk board from 10 or 15 years ago. I think I could honestly get in a pair of 36 jeans and not look like a tator sack tied in the middle. Those would be sophomore in high school level blue jeans.

Today I added weight to every exercise routine on my board and got through every set with out a spotter help. Rested 30 minutes this time and then put in an hour on the bicycle. I also discovered something AMAZING, at least it has been the two times I've tried it so far. PowerAide Zero. No caffeine, no carbs, no calories, no sugar. I used that after cutting and splitting wood and yard work to exhaustion two days ago and I was amazed, I could feel it, recovering probably twice as fast as ice water or tea would have and best of all, zero leg cramps two nights in a row now.

Top Bottom