• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I lost my mom a week ago. I'm trying to keep from gaining too much, but whatever it is, it is. I'll pick up the pieces later.
    Sorry to hear about your loss and I do understand. I lost my younger brother on May 15 of a heart attack at 45 years old. Then on Monday of this week my Mom's older sister passed away. It has been a rough month for sure and luckily I have had no appetite instead of the usual stress eating.
    Good luck to you and my thoughts are with you in this time.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your loss and I do understand. I lost my younger brother on May 15 of a heart attack at 45 years old. Then on Monday of this week my Mom's older sister passed away. It has been a rough month for sure and luckily I have had no appetite instead of the usual stress eating.
    Good luck to you and my thoughts are with you in this time.
    I'm sorry for your family's losses also.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    10 day vactation - only gained 3 lbs.

Been home since Tuesday evening - I've already come down 2lbs from that.

So I'm continuing to lose weight thanks to modern chemistry... I'm not sure how much more. Maybe another 15? I wonder if I could get down to 215... At 6'2", I may look gaunt. But a good kind of gaunt, I guess.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Moving in the right direction again, back to my pre-winter weight. Less cardio, more strength, really trying to maximize protein calories.

My hunger got nuts with so much cardio and, apparently, my cortisol was high. Stress, sleep deprivation, etc. being the likely causes. Trying to get more sleep is a challenge for sure.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, regaining control of my own self again. It wasn't catastrophic. Still in the 110's this morning. Back in full Keto mode. Just had to scratch that itch and now we're on down the road again.
    I will
    I had ONE piece of home picked, home made, apple pie tonight. Cut the sugar 1/2 and 1/2 Splenda. You couldn't even guess it. Home made crust. It was awesome. I don't even want to see my blood sugar. I'll look in the morning.
    I will have a piece of my lady friends pumpkin pie next Thanksgiving. She somehow makes the best.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got on my outside bicycle yesterday for the first time since I got a cortisone shot in my knee! Rode about 5-6 miles or so. Took it pretty easy on everything. It has been a while.

Last time I rode it I finally blew out an old tire on it and fixed that. New tire, tube, armor liner. Got it all set for the next day and my knee just felt like it blew up walking down the porch steps. Never even rode down the driveway on the new tire.

All seems pretty good, just a little weak. Ready to rip a good ride today and I get up and its raining. Back on the indoor bike.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I got on my outside bicycle yesterday for the first time since I got a cortisone shot in my knee! Rode about 5-6 miles or so. Took it pretty easy on everything. It has been a while.

Last time I rode it I finally blew out an old tire on it and fixed that. New tire, tube, armor liner. Got it all set for the next day and my knee just felt like it blew up walking down the porch steps. Never even rode down the driveway on the new tire.

All seems pretty good, just a little weak. Read to rip a good ride today and I get up and its raining. Back on the indoor bike.
    I might want to get another bike, but they are always too big for me. I have very short legs, and I have never had a bike that would let me put my feet on the ground. I always had to lean way to the side to put one foot on the ground. I've tried the smallest frame of adult bikes. I may have to get a kids' bike.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I might want to get another bike, but they are always too big for me. I have very short legs, and I have never had a bike that would let me put my feet on the ground. I always had to lean way to the side to put one foot on the ground. I've tried the smallest frame of adult bikes. I may have to get a kids' bike.
    You are buying the wrong bikes at the wrong places.

Bloomington Bike and Bean, is the closest to me for a real bicycle shop with high quality brands. I'm no expert but I know when the spokes break and start falling out after a few months, that cheap Walmart bike was no bargain. I KEEP my junk ones laying around to remind of that. Even worse, they all break in different ways so they can't be all put together in to one good one.

My best advice is to look for GOOD bicycle brands and then find the nearest place to you that sells them. Go in and tell them what you want THE BIKE TO DO. NOT what bike you want and then ask them to set one up to fit you and go for a ride around the block WITH YOU. It is the absolute minimum you should expect a GOOD bike shop to do IF YOU DECIDE to buy a bike from them. THEY WANT TO MAKE THAT BIKE FIT YOU LIKE A GLOVE, EVERYTHING EXACTLY RIGHT! Because it makes a world of difference for you riding it. If you get on one and can't tell the difference from an off the rack cheap Walmart bike right away you don't want that bike OR THAT BIKE SHOP selling you ANYTHING or setting it up for you.

It costs a little more than just throwing darts at the five cheapest bikes on the internet but for ME it has been WELL worth it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You are buying the wrong bikes at the wrong places.

Bloomington Bike and Bean, is the closest to me for a real bicycle shop with high quality brands. I'm no expert but I know when the spokes break and start falling out after a few months, that cheap Walmart bike was no bargain. I KEEP my junk ones laying around to remind of that. Even worse, they all break in different ways so they can't be all put together in to one good one.

My best advice is to look for GOOD bicycle brands and then find the nearest place to you that sells them. Go in and tell them what you want THE BIKE TO DO. NOT what bike you want and then ask them to set one up to fit you and go for a ride around the block WITH YOU. It is the absolute minimum you should expect a GOOD bike shop to do IF YOU DECIDE to buy a bike from them. THEY WANT TO MAKE THAT BIKE FIT YOU LIKE A GLOVE, EVERYTHING EXACTLY RIGHT! Because it makes a world of difference for you riding it. If you get on one and can't tell the difference from an off the rack cheap Walmart bike right away you don't want that bike OR THAT BIKE SHOP selling you ANYTHING or setting it up for you.

It costs a little more than just throwing darts at the five cheapest bikes on the internet but for ME it has been WELL worth it.
    Thanks. I did go to a Schwinn shop (not the Walmart Schwinns) and they set me up with one, but I never felt comfortable riding it. Ended up selling it. We have a Trek store nearby. I might check with them.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. I did go to a Schwinn shop (not the Walmart Schwinns) and they set me up with one, but I never felt comfortable riding it. Ended up selling it. We have a Trek store nearby. I might check with them.
    Don't buy anything until it feels and rides right on insist on money back guarantee. Any good bike shop includes the set up with the cost of the bike and all the making sure EVERYTHING about it fits and suits you.

Mine I'm riding now is called "Specialized" but there are several quality bike brands out there and they don't have to be big name high dollar racing kind of bikes to be good.

I've bought 4-5 bikes from these people between my own and my kids.

To bike for EXERCISE, you don't NEED super carbon fiber space age light, areodynamice $$$$ The fact is, I AM NOT RACING ANY ONE OR TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ANYONE. I want a bike that fits and I my A$$ can tolerate sitting on for one or two hours a day and I can pedal enough to get my heart rate up and keep going for an hour. I don't want to WORK on anything, fix crap all the time, wash it every day, or fix flat tires all summer long. That is what I want out of a bicycle and that is the initial description I gave the store owner when I bought mine.

People pretend they are something they are not when they buy a bike, then they are amazed when they get a bike they can't stand to ride.

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Back in February I went from a physical, on-the-floor, on my feet 8+ hours per day, job to a desk job. I knew to sustain my stature I'd have to off-set that somehow, but didn't have the drive and determination. Come April I could already see a decline so opted to start working out in the morning before work. Started just a 4 day per week program, alternating upper body and lower body/core. Now I'm up to 5 days per week still alternating and feel even better than before my desk job days.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Keep it up everybody, it's bathing suit season! ;)

Yesterday, for the first time in 20 years, I went to a pool and felt good about how I looked. That was nice. My daughter had taken notices of me doing my exercises, and I tell her the reason I do them is so that I can carry her, and chase her, and play with her. That's the real truth - I just want a little, practical fitness so I can play with my kids. No huge muscles, no power lifting, I just want to be there for my kids and not feel tired/like crap all the time. Hopefully this makes a good impression on her little mind and she'll think of good nutrition and exercise positively as she grows up. Dunno, we'll see.

Top Bottom